Where should we go on holiday in late september?

Found 7th Apr 2012
Hiya,

Me and my boyfriend are looking to go on holiday somewhere in the last week of september, and no idea where to go!

I was wondering if you kind HUKD people could help us find somewhere? Its for our 6 year (unmarried) anniversary We have never been abroad together so it will be special wherever we go.

Budget:
Up to £1000 for both of us (if all inclusive, less if not) but less is good hehe

Place:
Somewhere that will be t-shirt/bikini weather in late september
Somewhere cheap to eat out if not all inclusive
Somewhere beautiful!
Not fussed about nightlife, prefer quieter places
Somewhere with lots of history would be nice but doesn't matter if not!

I have already been to:
Slovenia, Croatia, Majorca, Tunisia, Athens (but no islands), South Africa, Hong Kong, Florida, New York, Germany Luxembourg etc, Italy, Lanzarote, Sardinia&Corsica, Malta, France.

I'd really appreciate your ideas!

Also specific resorts would be brilliant because even somewhere like Malta has loads of different resorts and figuring out which one to go to is confusing! Personal recommendation is always best in my eyes!

Thanks so much if you can offer any thoughts

xxx
Community Updates
MiscHolidays & Leisure
31 Comments
mexico
Try tenerife,not playa de las americas,but along the promenade which takes you into los cristanos,very pleasent place,lovely beaches,and weather is brilliant.I went a bit later in october and it was in the 90's.Highly reccomend
tenerife
turkey, was very hot when we went in sept few years back
Ibiza is nice in September, went for our honeymoon to Ibiza/Formentera in Sept
I doubt he's gonna pop the question.........club 18-30 might be your best bet.
transit

I doubt he's gonna pop the question.........club 18-30 might be your best … I doubt he's gonna pop the question.........club 18-30 might be your best bet.

club 18-30 never again oO
Kenya. Hot and sunny, couple of days safari if thats your thing and no jet lag!
syria ? (_;)
kylewalker

syria ? (_;)

it would cost a arm and a leg
paulrowe40

it would cost a arm and a leg

if your lucky
Original Poster
transit

I doubt he's gonna pop the question.........club 18-30 might be your best … I doubt he's gonna pop the question.........club 18-30 might be your best bet.

I never said I thought that, after six years I've come to terms with the fact that I'll be "just" his girlfriend for some time yet :P

Lol @ Kylewalker, my pseudo mother in law went on holiday to syria 2 years ago and thought it was lovely! Not sure it would be quite as lovely atm..(_;)
Turkey - Bodrum, Marmaris, Gumbet, Icemeler, Antalya

We go in October towards end of season and it is still in the mid 30's, September will be high 30's / low 40's

As it's not part of the "EURO" you'll get better value for your buck - don't take too much Lira as the exchange rate is always better in Turkey as they will give you better rate on English Notes and Euros

You'll get 4* All Inclusive for £1000 easily, just depends what your looking for
if you are looking more sightseeing and less nightclubs then i would say Turkey...maybe flights to antalya then you can visit phaselis and see the ruins and then Dimcay and eat in a restaurant while your feet are in the river or on big platforms with mattress on you can lounge all day...its so peaceful. You can hire a car or use buses or dolmus and explore the coast which is amazing.
Give Side a miss tho imo. Over-rated and smelly.
Original Poster
Thanks so much for suggestions so far..I'm looking up turkey and tenerife as we speak/type
Greece or Cyprus
google.co.uk/search?hl=en&sugexp=frgbld&pq=dimcay+turkey&cp=4&gs_id=2k&xhr=t&q=pamukkale&client=firefox-a&hs=F5E&rls=org.mozilla:en-GB:official&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.,cf.osb&biw=1366&bih=645&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=isch&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi&ei=dm-AT4OdOJHY8QP9pO2MBg

you can also visit here..
Original Poster
plumberman01

http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&sugexp=frgbld&pq=dimcay+turkey&cp=4&gs_id=2k&xhr=t&q=pamukkale&client=firefox-a&hs=F5E&rls=org.mozilla:en-GB:official&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.,cf.osb&biw=1366&bih=645&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=isch&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi&ei=dm-AT4OdOJHY8QP9pO2MBgyou can also visit here..

Stunning!!!!!!!!!

Like a white version of google.co.uk/search?hl=en&sugexp=frgbld&pq=dimcay+turkey&cp=4&gs_id=2k&xhr=t&q=pamukkale&client=firefox-a&hs=F5E&rls=org.mozilla:en-GB:official&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.,cf.osb&biw=1366&bih=645&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=isch&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi&ei=dm-AT4OdOJHY8QP9pO2MBg#um=1&hl=en&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-GB%3Aofficial&tbm=isch&sa=1&q=plitvice+lakes&oq=plitvi&aq=0&aqi=g10&aql=&gs_l=img.3.0.0l10.45050l45968l0l47127l6l6l0l2l2l0l180l563l1j3l4l0.frgbld.&pbx=1&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.,cf.osb&fp=e32dbe6d7ed17461&biw=1280&bih=617
cyprus or fuerteventura
ScampiLamp

Stunning!!!!!!!!!Like a white version of … Stunning!!!!!!!!!Like a white version of https://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&sugexp=frgbld&pq=dimcay+turkey&cp=4&gs_id=2k&xhr=t&q=pamukkale&client=firefox-a&hs=F5E&rls=org.mozilla:en-GB:official&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.,cf.osb&biw=1366&bih=645&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=isch&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi&ei=dm-AT4OdOJHY8QP9pO2MBg#um=1&hl=en&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-GB%3Aofficial&tbm=isch&sa=1&q=plitvice+lakes&oq=plitvi&aq=0&aqi=g10&aql=&gs_l=img.3.0.0l10.45050l45968l0l47127l6l6l0l2l2l0l180l563l1j3l4l0.frgbld.&pbx=1&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.,cf.osb&fp=e32dbe6d7ed17461&biw=1280&bih=617

if you like stunning its the place to go...i have been so many times and the place is amazing...Lara beach has all the big hotels..we stayed at concorde but there is also a titanic but im told its sinking
lol good thread.
or you could get 2 months in Skegness . .
Mykonos.
Has anybody suggested Sharm el sheik in Egypt we went last september was still in the high 30's . we went all inclusive but it was so cheap to eat out we only had breakfast at the hotel ..... if you like shopping and haggling I'd definately recommend it it's a bit like Tunisia but more friendly people.
Not the carribean its towards the end of the hurricane season, don't be tempted by cheap deals.
late deal to florida? still hot and a lot less busy at that time of year.
Edited by: "ANDYWOODY01" 7th Apr 2012
only one place Florida
miles136

only one place Florida

Only up to £1000 budget for 2. You will be pushing it a bit to get Florida for that.

Cyprus would be a good bet you have everything including the history or Crete

Edited by: "newbie1001" 7th Apr 2012
canaries, egypt, cape verde
Banned
Cyprus > Crete > Canaries > Turkey

anywhere North of Crete and you will have to get lucky for full sunny hot weather. Went to Ibiza in late september and rained for 7 days in a row
csiman

Cyprus Crete Canaries Turkeyanywhere North of Crete and you will have … Cyprus > Crete > Canaries > Turkeyanywhere North of Crete and you will have to get lucky for full sunny hot weather. Went to Ibiza in late september and rained for 7 days in a row

def agree with this..
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions