Where to advertise a new business???

Anyone any suggestions as to where is best to advertise a new business? I've done the usual gumtree / vivastreet ads, but not sure where else will get the most hits...

any help is much appreciated...

14 Comments

yell.com - freeindex

depends what market you are trying to attract.....

Might depend what the business is. Let us know.

If you have a vehicle, look into getting your company logo/details printed onto it. Just remember not to get drawn into road rage though, doesn't reflect well on the business! :thumbsup:

Best of luck.

Also, try [url]www.Friday-ad.com[/url]

Trickyjabs;5018606

Might depend what the business is. Let us know.

yeah, if its mroe intimate stick a card in a phone box :lol:

Original Poster

Thanks for the ideas (bar the phone box one, it aint that kinda service!)

I'm a newly registered Childminder, i've used Vistaprint as well for business cards/ car magnet too...

So you're providing childcare in an at home setting. You can use vistaprint as you have said to create business cards flyers etc and even a webpage.

Provide flyers to any parent who calls you, hand them out at the local school, see if your local tesco's/doctors surgery/mums and babies group has a notice board you could attach your information card to.

Make sure you encourage word of mouth advertising.

Wear a uniform with your information clearly displayed and advertised on the back as you walk to and from school.

Marketing, marketing x x

ClarityofMind;5018698

So you're providing childcare in an at home setting. You can use … So you're providing childcare in an at home setting. You can use vistaprint as you have said to create business cards flyers etc and even a webpage.Provide flyers to any parent who calls you, hand them out at the local school, see if your local tesco's/doctors surgery/mums and babies group has a notice board you could attach your information card to.Make sure you encourage word of mouth advertising. Wear a uniform with your information clearly displayed and advertised on the back as you walk to and from school.Marketing, marketing x x

Some very sound advice that I completely agree with. :thumbsup:

Original Poster

Thanks clarity of mind, I'll take your advice.

i've got my website set up already, and got postcards with my business details on it that I could hand out to people. I'll maybe do your suggestion of gettin t-shirts done too, my 1 year old would look fab advertising her mummys business!! :o)

sweetexception;5018669

Thanks for the ideas (bar the phone box one, it aint that kinda service!) … Thanks for the ideas (bar the phone box one, it aint that kinda service!) I'm a newly registered Childminder, i've used Vistaprint as well for business cards/ car magnet too...

try [url]www.netmums.com[/url] - often see Childminders posting on there.

sweetexception;5019029

Thanks clarity of mind, I'll take your advice.i've got my website set up … Thanks clarity of mind, I'll take your advice.i've got my website set up already, and got postcards with my business details on it that I could hand out to people. I'll maybe do your suggestion of gettin t-shirts done too, my 1 year old would look fab advertising her mummys business!! :o)

and totally cute too x x

Hang on, isn't Vistaprint the company that runs the recurring charge scam?

Original Poster

I know of a few childminders who've used vistaprint for quite some time now and never had a problem with it... anyone on here had any probs??

dxx;5019424

Hang on, isn't Vistaprint the company that runs the recurring charge scam?

i've seen this mentioned but i've never been charged any more than i should have
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. I banned myself from HUKD for 3m, I saved so much money!2642
    2. Thousands of minimum wage workers to receive part of £2,000,000 compensatio…44
    3. Weekly game codes giveaway 183722
    4. How much would you pay for this chair?1214

See more discussions