Groups

Where to buy a bike?

Hello everyone, well firstly I moved house on the 28/03/08 and have only just got the internet connected, and i have really really missed this site.

But the reason for my post is that its my partners birthday soon and I think I want to buy him an new bike, any advice and places to buy would be very helpful. I think he wants whats called a road bike or commuter bike and i only want to spend just over £100.

Thanks in advance.

13 Comments

i dont know if its nationwide but at my tesco they have mens bikes that are very good for just £40

Well i suggest you get it instore somewhere as ive ordered two in the past year one from the internet(tescos) and one mail order (Empire stores) and both arrived damaged so i think its a must to go get one yourself to make sure its ok

I have bought 3 bikes from my local JJb in the past 1 for myself and my partner and 1 for my partner all were in great condition and were built up ready to go out on the road and they had great deal on bikes from as little as £60 but it was the building and safety check that swung it for me

Take a look in Decathlon, you get excellent value for money and well trained staff to help you.
    You can also take the bike saving on delivery charges.

decathlon.co.uk/EN/

maddness007;1908008

i dont know if its nationwide but at my tesco they have mens bikes that … i dont know if its nationwide but at my tesco they have mens bikes that are very good for just £40

no no no no no. dont buy these. I bought one after reading wha i thort wer just elitists telling me they wer unsafe. but the bikes are so unbelivably *****. just spend that extra money halfords have a dual suspension bike on offer for 80 quid. Bargain and not cheap tat.

[url]www.chainreactioncycles.com[/url]
    [url]www.evanscycles.com[/url]
    [url]www.merlincycles.com[/url]

Banned

do NOT get a dual suspension bike for commuting. heavy and hard work. Then again with a budget of £100, its still going to be heavy & hard work. Ok for a journey of 2 miles or less IMHO.

Original Poster

Thanks for your replys everyone. very grateful

ryancs;1909239

[url]www.chainreactioncycles.com[/url][url]www.evanscycles.com[/url][url]www.merlincycles.com[/url]

2nded

With the odd bargin at wiggle.co.uk/

direct.tesco.com/q/R…spx

That the £40 bike that was mentioned? Seems pretty good to me, no suspension will make for a bumpy ride but it looks pretty basic and so I can't imagine much going wrong with it.

as said before if you are just using the bike on standard roads, having a dual suspension bike will make it a harder ride because of the extra effort needed. no suspension is fine for roads

Original Poster

Thanks again to everyone, i found a really good one on wiggle for £200. More than i wanted to spend but worth it. Thanks to everyone for your replys
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. EasyJet flights for summer 2018 (up until 2nd Sept 2018) will be released o…11
      2. Potential upcoming Argos glitch or buggy app?109
      3. Xbox One - Buying from Other Regions *WITHOUT* A VPN (Virtual Private Netwo…1851337
      4. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread423414457

See more discussions