Where to buy a Micro SD card (4-8GB) in a store somewhere at a decent price?

Found 10th Feb 2011
Hi all...

Just picked up a new digital camera tat requires a micro SD card, but need the card by Saturday. A couple of places online like Play and MyMemory have the cards cheap, but half of the price they are in shops everywhere as far as I'm aware.

Does anyone know of a store that sells Micro SD cards at a decent price? In Tesco they are £14 for a 4GB which seems like a lot.

Any ideas? Any advice greatly appreciated as always, thanks!

4 Comments

Banned

I think they were selling some sd's cheap in sainsbury's yesterday.

Look into WH Smiths as I seem to remember they have a discount voucher floating about.
Also currys, comet, Tesco, Sainsburys, Boots, Jessops, lots of these will have the option to order online and collect in store so you get online prices but can collect by Saturday.
Also if you have Boots advantage points you want to spend you can buy one at Boots and use the points.

If the supermarkets have an offer on they get somewhere near the online price but only if.

Original Poster

Thanks for the replies! Only Sainsbury's seem to have a better price, went to try and order with Click & Collect, but it says you pick the order from 4pm the following day. But I'll need it tomorrow morning. Rang my local store and they said they don't have any Micro SD's in stock. Gutted, grr. Looks like I'm going to have to spend almost double

Thanks anyway all!
Post a comment
@
    Text