Where to buy dumbells?

Found 23rd May
I'm looking to buy a pair of heavy dumbells so I can do a bit at home when I can't get to the gym.

45kg-50kg each ideally.

I've been looking at used ones on eBay and some of the prices are ridiculous!

Anyone know if there are any other places to try where I might pick up a deal?
Community Updates
Ask
18 Comments
Just asking, Have you considered Kettlebells as you can do lots with them ?
I mainly want them for benching.

I've got quite a few bits and bobs already, but I would like to be able to do some dumbell bench presses at home.
Argos?
look on amazon warehouse deals, they have dumbells reduced often
cmdr_elito3 m ago

Argos?

They don't tend to do the heavier weights I don't think. And not sure how much weight you can realistically fit on those spinlock bars.
45-50kg. You must have arms like popeye

I've all on pulling my pants up
Decathlon
Damn, 50kg dumbbells just for ‘a bit at home’ what the hell are you lifting when you’re doing a lot
My husband bought them from retailer on amazon. The delivery guy struggled to carry them from the van to the door and asked me what the hell was in the box. Lol
50kg? Pshhhhh
Bro do you even lift?
Do you have a local gym? Every now and again my local changes its equipment, and sells off the older gear. Picked up some dumbbells and a spin bike a while back.
Also bought some hex dumbbells from Amazon when they were massively reduced, worth setting up an alert on Camelx3.
Anyone else think a decimal point is missing or it’s the wrong units?

I’ve known a few lifters and roiders and they’d not have 50kg at home.
badger26092 h, 34 m ago

Do you have a local gym? Every now and again my local changes its …Do you have a local gym? Every now and again my local changes its equipment, and sells off the older gear. Picked up some dumbbells and a spin bike a while back.Also bought some hex dumbbells from Amazon when they were massively reduced, worth setting up an alert on Camelx3.

One of the locak gyms changed hands a couple of years ago and had a full refurb. I'm still kicking myself that I didn't go down and see if they were selling anything off!

I will set up an alert- good thinking!
Oneday771 h, 40 m ago

Anyone else think a decimal point is missing or it’s the wrong units?I’ve k …Anyone else think a decimal point is missing or it’s the wrong units?I’ve known a few lifters and roiders and they’d not have 50kg at home.

To be fair not many people in the gym use the 50s, which means I never have to wait my turn (as long as I can get a bench).
Have a look about with shpock, gumtree and Facebook market place. You might see some old gym equipment there. I've seen a few around Xmas doing ex gym machines and weights.
Oneday7710 h, 57 m ago

Anyone else think a decimal point is missing or it’s the wrong units?I’ve k …Anyone else think a decimal point is missing or it’s the wrong units?I’ve known a few lifters and roiders and they’d not have 50kg at home.

I think you could be right, in the gym I used to go to the heaviest dumbells were 40lb.
Fitness Superstore sell Pro-Style Iron Dumbbells up to 80kg, Raze Premium Rubber Dumbbells up to 60kg, and York Pro Style & Legacy Dumbbells up to 50kg.

Powerhouse Fitness sell Bodymax Pro Rubber Dumbbells up to 60kg.
Thanks for all the advice everyone. I've just bitten the bullet and bought some new ones from Sports Direct:

sportsdirect.com/lon…675
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants