Expired

Where to buy empty advent calendars?

Found 22nd Nov 2013
My OH doesn't really like chocolate, so I thought I'd surprise her with an advent calendar full of the things she does like. However, I'm having trouble finding such a calendar for an affordable price!

I'm rubbish at crafts, so would rather just buy one. For an example of what I'm looking for, see disneystore.co.uk/chr…55/.

Thanks
Community Updates
17 Comments
There's some on Ebay,I just typed in, fill your own advent,quite pricey though,there's a cute Wooden sleigh one.
in home bargains this week there was a decoration that had hessian pockets attached to rope each with a number on it. was around £5 but def under £10
Hobbycraft have ones like you mickeymouse one (minus mickey mouse) saw them in there last night think they were £20
Next have a wooden advent calendar though not sure on box sizes.
Loads on ebay and amazon especially fabric ones.
Dunelm mill?

Or you could get 24 small cardboard boxes and just number them nicely?
Loads of ideas here I see that HobbyCraft have some felt ones fot £10 but they look a bit childish - I was hoping for something a bit more elegant, I think.

Thanks, everyone! Keep them coming...
If you can find one you like,what about these?

amazon.co.uk/Set…VVS

I found another company doing nice ones for around £7 but they are sold out. They look quite sweet
They also sell nice wee pegs that can be clipped on.
Edited by: "takethatfan1978" 22nd Nov 2013
Just get one with chocolate, take the chocolate out, send the chocolate to me and use the empty calendar. Simples.X)
@Boxer: If that was the case, I'd eat all of the chocolates myself!

@takethatfan1978: They seem really sweet - but might take up a bit too much room! I think that's my top contender for now
qwertymz

@Boxer: If that was the case, I'd eat all of the chocolates myself! … @Boxer: If that was the case, I'd eat all of the chocolates myself! :p@takethatfan1978: They seem really sweet - but might take up a bit too much room! I think that's my top contender for now

They look really nice ,they look quite small. Do you have a mantelpiece you could line them up on? Or leave one out everyday?
You can have mine on the 25th if you like
A woman that doesn't like chocolates?!?!?
Another thought may be to hide numbered envelopes in the house every morning with an IOU note in it, a message or maybe a small gift? Your imagination is all that holds you back!
@nemesiz: I might go have a hunt. Thanks! Any idea if I can see them online? Tried a quick search but couldn't find them.

@Musician: how kind!

@ktm666: It's not too bad - it normally means I get to scoff all the chocolates, but I thought I should do something special this year. I like your idea, perhaps I can combine it with the bags suggested by takethatfan1978 as a plan B.
Just buy one with Kinnerton written on the back, there is no way in hell that is chocolate!
Just by 24 pairs of pants numbered 1-24, wear a different pair each day and bobs your uncle
nemesiz

Sorry I didn't reply, but internet crashed just as I was composing a … Sorry I didn't reply, but internet crashed just as I was composing a response. So for a second time.The Tesco advent calendar was similar to this oneSainsburys was a plain red box shaped wooden advent calendar with a roof.If you are searching for an atheistically pleasing wooden advent calendars. Try Lakeland for £59.99 or TK Maxx was selling the Villeroy and Boch Advent Calendar instore (sold out online) for £49.99 (RRP £200). Both have beautiful wooden or porcelain ornaments. Also Fortnum and Masons are the only stockist of Byer Wooden Advent Calendars but the cost is around £85. Lastly if you want to risk buying a second hand advent calendar there is the Coalport Snowman Advent Calendar found here.

Oh, I do like the nativity one.......... hmmm, decisions, decisions!
quine

in home bargains this week there was a decoration that had hessian … in home bargains this week there was a decoration that had hessian pockets attached to rope each with a number on it. was around £5 but def under £10

just back from Home Bargains and the pockets are red felt also cost is £4.99
quine

just back from Home Bargains and the pockets are red felt also cost is … just back from Home Bargains and the pockets are red felt also cost is £4.99

I'll go have a look later today thanks
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants