where to buy face mask

Posted 5th Jun
Is there any shop that I can buy face mask?

I know that Amazon and ebay has them, but is there any shop that I can buy them. I want to check the quality before buying them.
Community Updates
Ask
35 Comments
Saw some on Asda.
kinetikwellbeing.com/pro…ks/

Not a physical store but the masks are medical grade so should be suitable for what you need.
Just wrap a scarf around your face it does the same thing
Home bargains have loads 1.99 each reusable
Tesco have them
I think loads of places actually have them
In the middle of Lidl ™
mans098705/06/2020 21:10

which section?

Near the customer service desk.
Random spot if you ask me.
M&S have them
B&M have them
boots
Most shops seem to have face masks on the shelves now. Going price between 50p and £1 each .
Poundstretcher have them too.
nyctaxi05/06/2020 21:13

https://www.kinetikwellbeing.com/product/facemasks/Not a physical store …https://www.kinetikwellbeing.com/product/facemasks/Not a physical store but the masks are medical grade so should be suitable for what you need.

Exactly the type of mask they've asked people NOT to buy
Edited by: "fuzzydunlop" 5th Jun
fuzzydunlop05/06/2020 23:02

Please explain as that’s what my employer provide us with.
N95/FFP2 or higher if you want quality. They are disposable only and non washable
dhgate
which section should I look for them?
I recently shopped at Lidle, Aldi, Morisson, Sainsbury, home bargain, BM and pound stretcher and I could not find the. I am In edinburgh.
My local asda had them at the front of the store next to the table with the products for washing your hands and wiping your trolley, b and m had them in the medicine isle next to the hay-fever products, why dont you just ask once you get in store
mans098705/06/2020 23:53

which section should I look for them?I recently shopped at Lidle, Aldi, …which section should I look for them?I recently shopped at Lidle, Aldi, Morisson, Sainsbury, home bargain, BM and pound stretcher and I could not find the. I am In edinburgh.

Edited by: "ding" 6th Jun
Allsorts212105/06/2020 23:21

I don't know who your employer is. I was assuming the OP is asking for the purposes of public transport and the new mandatory rules. In which case they are telling people to wear face 'coverings' (not surgical masks)
Allsorts212105/06/2020 23:21

To prevent shortages for settings where people need the medical grade ones.

If your employer has provided these then they will be correct for your workplace.
Very.co.uk are selling Regatta branded ones
fuzzydunlop05/06/2020 23:02

fuzzydunlop06/06/2020 00:33

I don't know who your employer is. I was assuming the OP is asking for the …I don't know who your employer is. I was assuming the OP is asking for the purposes of public transport and the new mandatory rules. In which case they are telling people to wear face 'coverings' (not surgical masks)

Have you a link, I’ve looked but couldn’t find anything saying don’t use them..
Bargainhead06/06/2020 05:11

Have you a link, I’ve looked but couldn’t find anything saying don’t use th …Have you a link, I’ve looked but couldn’t find anything saying don’t use them..

Coronavirus: WHO advises to wear masks in public areas bbc.co.uk/new…210

“Dr Maria Van Kerkhove, the WHO's technical lead expert on Covid-19, told Reuters news agency the recommendation was for people to wear a "fabric mask - that is, a non-medical mask" in areas where there is a risk of transmission of the disease.......
......The organisation had always advised that medical face masks should be worn by people who are sick and by those caring for them.“
Sam22306/06/2020 08:17

Coronavirus: WHO advises to wear masks in public areas …Coronavirus: WHO advises to wear masks in public areas https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-52945210“Dr Maria Van Kerkhove, the WHO's technical lead expert on Covid-19, told Reuters news agency the recommendation was for people to wear a "fabric mask - that is, a non-medical mask" in areas where there is a risk of transmission of the disease.............The organisation had always advised that medical face masks should be worn by people who are sick and by those caring for them.“

so medical masks are better, by that statment.. why not wear them then?

plus its the goverment saying wear masks, i have no problem wearing them i do all day at work (the medical sort) which work supply. has the uk goverment said not to wear surgical masks? thats what i took the other poster was getting at...

but thanks for the link.. is this who expert backed by china the same as the top of the who? just curious..
Bargainhead06/06/2020 08:59

so medical masks are better, by that statment.. why not wear them …so medical masks are better, by that statment.. why not wear them then?plus its the goverment saying wear masks, i have no problem wearing them i do all day at work (the medical sort) which work supply. has the uk goverment said not to wear surgical masks? thats what i took the other poster was getting at... but thanks for the link.. is this who expert backed by china the same as the top of the who? just curious..

They've said this all along and is cited as the reason why they didn't want people wearing them earlier. The gov. website clearly states face coverings (instead of masks) so as to prevent there being a shortage for critical care workers. Medical masks have that name for a reason
fuzzydunlop06/06/2020 09:26

They've said this all along and is cited as the reason why they didn't …They've said this all along and is cited as the reason why they didn't want people wearing them earlier. The gov. website clearly states face coverings (instead of masks) so as to prevent there being a shortage for critical care workers. Medical masks have that name for a reason

i must need new glasses, the link you sent is how to make a face mask/covering, it dosent say dont wear a medical mask...

i can understand the need for medical masks are needed for hospitals, care homes where there are patients with covid, but i cant see where the goverment said dont wear. surley they would stop the shops selling medical mask and get them if they were that short..
Bargainhead06/06/2020 09:54

i must need new glasses, the link you sent is how to make a face …i must need new glasses, the link you sent is how to make a face mask/covering, it dosent say dont wear a medical mask...i can understand the need for medical masks are needed for hospitals, care homes where there are patients with covid, but i cant see where the goverment said dont wear. surley they would stop the shops selling medical mask and get them if they were that short..

'it dosent say dont wear a medical mask' (sic)

I give in. they're telling people to wear cloth face coverings. They're encouraging people to make their own from an old t-shirt with instructions on the site. My local chemist will only sell the non medical cloth ones.

Transport Secretary Grant Shapps has said passengers should wear "the kind of face covering you can easily make at home". Surgical masks should be kept for medical uses.

If it makes you feel better procuring a medical face mask that's up to you
Edited by: "fuzzydunlop" 6th Jun
groupon have them
Most shops seem to have face masks on the shelves now. Going price between 50p and £1 each .
maskey.uk/
10% of the profit from each sale will be donated to the charity Lenderhand, which is currently supporting the NHS along with individuals and families in need during this crisis
Press release Face masks and coverings to be worn by all NHS hospital staff and visitors
All staff in hospitals in England will be provided with surgical masks which they will be expected to wear from 15 June. All visitors and outpatients must wear face coverings at all times.
Evidence from the Scientific Advisory Group for Emergencies (SAGE) previously confirmed face coverings can help reduce the risk of transmission if you are suffering from coronavirus, but not showing symptoms.

NHS staff already wear face masks in clinical areas within 2 metres of a patient, but this new guidance applies to everyone working in all areas of the hospital.

Members of the public are strongly urged to attend hospital wearing a face covering, but a face mask will be provided in emergencies.

Last month, government set out advice for people on how to make their own face coverings easily at home, using scarves or other textile items. These face coverings should cover the mouth and nose while allowing the wearer to breathe comfortably and can be as simple as a scarf or bandanna that ties behind the head to give a snug fit.

The government has adequate stocks of face masks to meet demand and continues to pursue contracts for additional stock.

Further guidance for hospitals will be published by 15 June to allow hospitals to get stocks and plans in place, and the guidance will be kept under review.

We are working with the social care sector to implement a similar approach.

At the press conference today, Health and Social Care Secretary Matt Hancock said:

As the NHS reopens right across the country, it is critically important to stop the spread amongst staff, patients and visitors too.

So today we are setting out that all hospital visitors and outpatients will need to wear face coverings.

One of the things that we’ve learnt is that those in hospital, those who are working in hospital, are more likely to catch coronavirus, whether they work in a clinical setting or not.

And to offer even greater protection, we are also providing new guidance for NHS staff in England which will come into force again on the 15 June, and all hospital staff will be required to wear Type 1 or 2 surgical masks, and this will cover all staff working in hospital.

It will apply at all times, not just when they are doing their life-saving work on the frontline. It will apply in all areas except those areas designated as COVID-secure workplaces.

And of course where PPE guidance recommends more stringent protection, that remains in place.
People should wash their hands or use hand sanitiser before putting their face covering on and after taking it off and it is important that people don’t touch their face covering when wearing it, where possible, to avoid hand to mask transmission of the virus.

The public are advised to consider wearing face coverings in enclosed public spaces where you may be more likely to come into contact with people you do not normally meet, the government announced today.

On 4 June government announced that it will work with operators to make it mandatory for passengers to wear face coverings when using public transport in England from 15 June.

gov.uk/gov…ors

gov.uk/gov…ing
Saw them them in Lidl - pack of 10 white masks for £7.99 - look like the medical type. There were in white cardboard boxes near the tills. Although could be anywhere in other branches of Lidl!!
Post a comment
@
    Text