Expired

Where to buy Lining paper.

Banned 14 replies
Found 26th Jun 2010
Need to paint my living room, and have decided to go with lining paper, so that i can paint over it.

The walls are not too bad there are some few rough areas here and there.

Firstly what grade lining paper should i get and can anyone recommend me a good quality lining paper which they have used.

Thanks in advance

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
14 Comments

Banned

wickes and wilko's sell it

i guess the thicker the better (but costs more)

Always found a good thick B&Q 'Value' multi roll at a good price and thickness, the thicker the better

thicker the better but lining paper painted looks terrible

simplyjimbo;8922642

Always found a good thick B&Q 'Value' multi roll at a good price and … Always found a good thick B&Q 'Value' multi roll at a good price and thickness, the thicker the better

Agreed, this is what I use, as long as you do it well it's fab :thumbsup:

jamstaruk1972;8922653

Not if you do a good job!!

jamstaruk1972;8922653

The thicker the better, just make sure you get any lumps/bumps smoothed out on the plaster first.
Lining paper will give a better finish than painting directly on to plaster, as long as you use a decent quality paint. A useful tip is to make sure you get plenty of paint into any minor gaps in the joins with a brush before you start rollering.

hi, hubb is a decorator and i know he wont use anything but 1000 grade lining paper, go to a dulux decorator centre and get it there.

Original Poster Banned

Thanks for the help everyone - repped.

Theres is only one place to go for lining paper ..............WICKES .
grade : 800, 1000 ,1200 etc . and only about £5.99 for a quad roll , thats 4 rolls in one .
Great stuff , have been using this for about 16 years or so .
Whoever said painted lining paper looks terible is 100% wrong . If it looks terrible , then you havn't put it on right .
You cross line ........................lining paper .......................thats horizontal ,butt joining the paper ,done correctly you shouldn't see any seams/joins .When dried it looks like a newly plastered room and looks great when emulsioned .
Prepartion is the key to good decorating , sand the walls ,fill in any cracks , then sand again , glue size the walls then do the papering ,pasteing and leaving to soak for a few minutes . You dont want to see 'nibs' under the paper .

Original Poster Banned

ricko;8925143

Theres is only one place to go for lining paper ..............WICKES … Theres is only one place to go for lining paper ..............WICKES .grade : 800, 1000 ,1200 etc . and only about £5.99 for a quad roll , thats 4 rolls in one .Great stuff , have been using this for about 16 years or so . Whoever said painted lining paper looks terible is 100% wrong . If it looks terrible , then you havn't put it on right .You cross line ........................lining paper .......................thats horizontal ,butt joining the paper ,done correctly you shouldn't see any seams/joins .When dried it looks like a newly plastered room and looks great when emulsioned .Prepartion is the key to good decorating , sand the walls ,fill in any cracks , then sand again , glue size the walls then do the papering ,pasteing and leaving to soak for a few minutes . You dont want to see 'nibs' under the paper .

Thanks repped.

Original Poster Banned

anyone who has ordered lining paper from wickes is this correct.

A person asked a qustion about this product
wickes.co.uk/800…053

is it correct that each lining paper is 40m.Which makes the overall 160 m.

Also does anyone know what the coverage is in sqaure cm

I got some 1000 grade lining paper from Homebase last week, can't remember how much it cost though, sorry.

Wickes lining paper [800 grade]. Information from a QUAD roll label :

Wallpaper Dimensions : 22.5 sqm [40.2 x 56cm] 242.2 ft [44yds x 22ins]

A quad roll , which is always the best buy will be 4 x the sizes below .

A standard single English roll was always 11yds [33ft] long
Each roll measures approximately 52cm (20½”) wide by 10.05m (11yds) long. Area = 5.2sq m (56.3sq ft)

Don't try and save money by using thin lining paper - its a nightmare to hang. Thicker paper is much easier as it doesn't tear so easily when you try and hang it....so I'd get the 1000 or 1200 grade
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Building a PC Need Help!22
    2. Foo fighters presale code.1413
    3. Foo fighters pre sale code11
    4. Cheap Xbox games45

See more discussions