Groups
    EXPIRED

Where to buy low capacity USB memory sticks?

I am looking to purchase fair amount of USB memory sticks. These will be used by a newly registered charity to distribute policy documents primarily at events held throughout the UK and Europe.

As such, they don't need to have a vast storage capacity. It seems the days are gone of <8gb memory sticks. We would only really need about 8MB of storage on each USB device not 8GB!

We can pick up 100 x 8gb for a few hundred pounds, but I believe someone, somewhere, has a stack of old stock which they don't even attempt to sell any more. There are some 1GB sticks on eBay and such like, but the price difference is minimal between these and 8GB ones, not to mention still being overkill for our requirements.

Can anyone help out or suggest otherwise?

Thanks!

Shared Via The HUKD App For Android.

12 Comments

Would burning onto cd be cheaper?

If you going down the usb route you need them to be branded, otherwise they will just wipe the data and forget about the charity.

If its only 8mb of files why not have a url and QR code on a business card to a download or online viewable copy. This would save a lot of money allowing you to either keep it in the charity or use it for other promotion work.

Have you asked at local stores about old stock for charity?
    You could use something like google docs/drive for those with internet access.

Original Poster

Yes, we've tried everywhere local and most either returned the stock to manufacturers or binned what couldn't be sold many moons ago.

The docs are available online as well as available by email upon request, but the limiting factor is that most who would be looking for this, cannot access internet at the best of times, especially the 'WWW' out with their own country.

Original Poster

Thanks everyone. I think the decision was made to use USB as it is much more accessible - most netbooks don't have a CD/DVD-ROM drive but almost all gadgets have USB ports these days.

Finding both a competitive price and value for money are proving more difficult than thought!

I've done a bit of searching on aliexpress they will be coming straight from China and some could be fakes but the cheapest I could find is this one. Stainless Steel Water Proof USB Flash Drive 128MB 2G/4G/8G/16G/32G 64GB USB flash Pen Drive USB Flash Drive Personality
    aliexpress.com/ite…tml
    (from AliExpress Android) I'm not sure how reputable this seller is as they have no feedback. Shipping is long, other sellers maybe better but more expensive.

Could try your luck on eb ay item 281536248753 ?

GrantG182

Yes, we've tried everywhere local and most either returned the stock to … Yes, we've tried everywhere local and most either returned the stock to manufacturers or binned what couldn't be sold many moons ago.The docs are available online as well as available by email upon request, but the limiting factor is that most who would be looking for this, cannot access internet at the best of times, especially the 'WWW' out with their own country.

How about HQ for some of the nationals?
    Tried Mymemory for you " insufficient stock" but didn't say how many they had.!

GrantG182

I buy gift vouchers on eBay, works out about 3-4 months payments for 12 … I buy gift vouchers on eBay, works out about 3-4 months payments for 12 months access. Avoid all the 99p for 12 month offers on eBay - they are all stolen accounts or are shared accounts, inevitably, you'll lose your access and your money.

Please could you PM me the auction number from where you get your gift cards from as I would like to get netflix this way too

thanks

Original Poster

Sure, incoming...

Original Poster

OK, cannot find how to PM on hukd mobile app. Item number was 321626274064 but it looks like eBay have gone on another spree of removing various vouchers and gift cards as I cannot find any Netflix gift cards for sale at all, perhaps my eBay search is just limited because I'm on mobile just now.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. The HUKD Student Discount code sharing thread (most codes on Unidays are si…7261377
      2. I have 2 spare netflix slots and a spotify share.39
      3. U.S. bombers fly off North Korea's coast in show of force2646
      4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767428

See more discussions