Expired

Where to buy Miso paste (and which brands)?

Found 14th Feb 2014
A while back I bought a jar of Clearspring organic brown rice miso from Waitrose for about £3.
I took a liking to miso noodle soup and now I've ran out, however the same jar is now £4+ everywhere (Amazon have 2 for £7.66 which is the cheapest).

Apart from Waitrose no supermarket sells proper miso (they all sell mixtures with 10+ ingredients) so it looks like online ordering.

Anyone know which brands to buy/avoid?

Thanks
Community Updates
Ask
7 Comments
chinese uspermarket

a 500gram container of miso paste is about £5

last AGES
Original Poster
dereklogan7

Plenty of choices on Amazon: … Plenty of choices on Amazon: http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/?ie=UTF8&keywords=miso+soup+sachets&tag=googhydr-21&index=aps&hvadid=25761727376&hvpos=1o1&hvexid=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=541394363836435375&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=b&hvdev=t&ref=pd_sl_n8494gzfk_b

Yep there are tons to choose from which is why was was wondering about recommended brands.
I'm a veggie so a lot of the soup packs aren't suitable as they contain dashi (dried fish flakes/powder), plus I like making it from scratch myself as well as having the option to use the miso with other things.

MML

chinese uspermarketa 500gram container of miso paste is about £5last AGES

I wish I had a decent Chinese/Asian supermarket nearby. I live out in the sticks and the closest thing I have to a Chinese supermarket is a stall in an indoor market about 45 minutes away, which to be honest doesn't have a great stock.
Next time I'm going that way I'll have a look to see if they have any.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants