Where to buy replacement 'nose' part for eyeglasses?

Found 11th Sep 2009
I broke the plastic 'nose' part for the eyeglasses where its used to hold up the eyeglasses against the nose. I tried to replace it using the 'nose' part of an old pair of eyeglasses but the screw cannot fit in. Can these 'nose' part be replaced and if so, does anyone know where I can buy them online? I bought the glasses a long time ago so there won't be any warranty left.

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
8 Comments

Pop in to vision express they keep spare nose pads in store and dont charge and will even do it for you!

dmtuk;6268631

Pop in to vision express they keep spare nose pads in store and dont … Pop in to vision express they keep spare nose pads in store and dont charge and will even do it for you!

+1. Most opticians will fix it for free.

Original Poster

dmtuk;6268631

Pop in to vision express they keep spare nose pads in store and dont … Pop in to vision express they keep spare nose pads in store and dont charge and will even do it for you!

Would they still fix it for me if I didn't buy it from them?

Btw Tesco opticians glasses start at £20 atm. Tesco online start at £15.
Instore you can swap Tesco money off coupons in multiples of £5's for opticians vouchers at twice the value.
If you have problems with the nosepiece this may be another cheapish option. They had a sign up for free eye tests the other day but it did not have any date info on it so dont know how long it lasts

my OH lost the noise bit and Spec saver fitted with charge

Original Poster

joe6996;6268699

my OH lost the noise bit and Spec saver fitted with charge

Can you remember how much was the charge by any chance?

Yes i'm sure Vision express will do it for free even if you didnt buy from them I have heard that some other opticans will charge esp specsavers.

Oh and i think specsavers charge abot 50p/£1 per nose pad....Vision express dont even have a way of putting it through till!

Original Poster

great thanks! I'll pop in and get it fixed them. reps coming around.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. disneyland paris tickets11
    2. Cineworld - possible to book film for future at counter to save booking fee…55
    3. Whey protien621
    4. What's the best used laptop I can get for £180?37

See more discussions