Where to buy turf

Found 21st May
As the title suggests, I am currently digging my garden up and wanted to buy some turf to lay in the next week or so.

I have seen turf online which is around 3.30 per square meter.

Any other places that are cheaper / good quality ?

I’ve seen the likes of Homebase at 4 pound per square meter.

I need around 44 square meters

Thanks in advance
Community Updates
Ask
11 Comments
Visit a lawn bowls club at 2am...Great quality turf.
there is one round the corner to me
Just a suggestion a cheaper alternative! We raked soil level threw over 2/3 bags of cheap compost and threw down £5 bag of grass seed - jammed a broken broom in the middle tied a carrier bag to it to keep birds away! And within a while had the lushest green garden ever. Mowed first time on the Max height, then normal from there on.
ASongOfFireAndIce10 m ago

Just a suggestion a cheaper alternative! We raked soil level threw over …Just a suggestion a cheaper alternative! We raked soil level threw over 2/3 bags of cheap compost and threw down £5 bag of grass seed - jammed a broken broom in the middle tied a carrier bag to it to keep birds away! And within a while had the lushest green garden ever. Mowed first time on the Max height, then normal from there on.

Thanks for the advice, my garden is that in even though compared to the patio I did last year, got a real high point in the middle. And the fact I’ve already started digging lol.

But laying lawn will give me the quickest finish as we want it ready ish for mid June
Might be worth checking what variety of grass the DIY sheds are selling, it may not be suitable if you have big shady areas or kids damaging about where you would need shade tolerant and hard wearing grass.
I paid £2.90 pm last year from a local Facebook ad.
Look for an outlet that sells Rolawn Medallion turf c.£3.45/m

Anywhere near Cov, you would use coventryturf.co.uk/pro…rf/ who will charge modest delivery prices

Don't forget the plans to walk on and water it like crazy for 6-8 weeks in this weather unless you are happy to waste the money

(no inteerst in either org other than as a customer)
ccnp16 m ago

Look for an outlet that sells Rolawn Medallion turf c.£3.45/mAnywhere near …Look for an outlet that sells Rolawn Medallion turf c.£3.45/mAnywhere near Cov, you would use https://coventryturf.co.uk/product-category/turf/ who will charge modest delivery pricesDon't forget the plans to walk on and water it like crazy for 6-8 weeks in this weather unless you are happy to waste the money(no inteerst in either org other than as a customer)

Oh yeah I know about walking on it and water. When I say I want it ready, it’s more “ready” as In fitted

DKLS1 h, 27 m ago

Might be worth checking what variety of grass the DIY sheds are selling, …Might be worth checking what variety of grass the DIY sheds are selling, it may not be suitable if you have big shady areas or kids damaging about where you would need shade tolerant and hard wearing grass.I paid £2.90 pm last year from a local Facebook ad.

I’m south facing so when the suns on it you can definitely tell.

Thanks for the pointers
ccnp19 m ago

Look for an outlet that sells Rolawn Medallion turf c.£3.45/mAnywhere near …Look for an outlet that sells Rolawn Medallion turf c.£3.45/mAnywhere near Cov, you would use https://coventryturf.co.uk/product-category/turf/ who will charge modest delivery pricesDon't forget the plans to walk on and water it like crazy for 6-8 weeks in this weather unless you are happy to waste the money(no inteerst in either org other than as a customer)

Just had a look at them, and they want around 40 pound delivery. But slightly cheaper for the turf itself
I wouldn't of thought this time of year was the best time to lay turf due to the heat I may be mistaken though.
deleted1597344
Not sure where you are in the country but Cumbria Turf and also best4hedging who based near Preston I think, both are worth a look.
I agree on timing, soil under my grass is like concrete at mo'...
Will take a LOT of TLC for reasonable results, best quality lawn, won't be cheapest, and you will tell, sadly...
Good luck.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions