Where to buy women's socks

Found 18th Nov 2017
I buy my socks from John Lewis or M&S as they are good quality but is there any where else that I should also be looking at either on the high street or online for good quality women's socks?
Community Updates
Ask
Top comments
Can we just have one thread where you post your daft questions, instead of having the Ask section spammed with dross like this?
23 Comments
I find tesco f&f are good quality.
Edited by: "SOUTHWALES" 18th Nov 2017
Original Poster
POWYSWALES16 m ago

I find tesco f&f are good quality.

That is surprising. I would not expect socks from tesco to be of good quality. I will certainly have a look
Can we just have one thread where you post your daft questions, instead of having the Ask section spammed with dross like this?
I actually find a lot of the M&S ones too thin, I tend to mostly buy Next & Debenhams these days. I think with all 3 of those you need to feel them though as some are better quality than others.
Topshop socks used to be nice but I've not been in for a few years.
If you after really good quality, Falke. Amazon normally has some of them reduced.
Original Poster
RossD895 m ago

Can we just have one thread where you post your daft questions, instead of …Can we just have one thread where you post your daft questions, instead of having the Ask section spammed with dross like this?

Please dont comment in my threads if you are just being nasty and want to make out how big you are at other people’s expense. This is not the first time that i have asked you politely to do this, so please develop some manners and courtesy in your behaviour to other people on the net
Original Poster
Takemedown8 m ago

I actually find a lot of the M&S ones too thin, I tend to mostly buy Next …I actually find a lot of the M&S ones too thin, I tend to mostly buy Next & Debenhams these days. I think with all 3 of those you need to feel them though as some are better quality than others. Topshop socks used to be nice but I've not been in for a few years.

I am wearing the m&s bunch at the moment, and yes, they are certainly on the thin side but i think this makes them fluff less? Just guessing but i find the thicker socks tend to fluff
Topshop or Next. Wouldn't get mine anywhere else! Actually prefer Next to Topshop (getting old)
Original Poster
cecilmcroberts18 m ago

If you after really good quality, Falke. Amazon normally has some of them …If you after really good quality, Falke. Amazon normally has some of them reduced.

I have never heard of this brand before. I note they are available at john lewis. I will pop into the shop and have a look at them. Are they really better than the rest or are just a marketed brand nam?
Original Poster
joesmum14 m ago

Topshop or Next. Wouldn't get mine anywhere else! Actually prefer Next …Topshop or Next. Wouldn't get mine anywhere else! Actually prefer Next to Topshop (getting old)

I used to love topshop until i found tkmaxx and other independent retailers in london for clothes. I have never been a big fan of Next clothing. However, for socks, i am happy to buy any where as long as they are good quality for their price.

I find Topshop clothes on the cheap side so would not think their socks are of good quality as their clothes are not. I will go into Topshop andNext, now that you have recommended them to have a look.
morrisons has plenty of socks!!
mutley19 m ago

I have never heard of this brand before. I note they are available at …I have never heard of this brand before. I note they are available at john lewis. I will pop into the shop and have a look at them. Are they really better than the rest or are just a marketed brand nam?

I got the "Cool 24/7" ones just before I went on holiday to Gran Carina, where the only pair of socks I brought with myself that my feet truley didn't actually sweat in. Found they also fit very well (you will notice you buy mostly buy your exact shoe size) after washing always hold shape. Soon as you feel them you can really tell the quailty is there. Personally think they really are worth the extra. You can also pick them up sometimes in TKMaxx but found Amazon when they have them at sub £5 to be hard to beat price wise.
Original Poster
seb1 h, 10 m ago

morrisons has plenty of socks!!

i am not looking where to buy socks, as we are not in a sock supply crisis!! i am looking for good quality socks that are priced well for their quality.
Original Poster
cecilmcroberts1 h, 26 m ago

I got the "Cool 24/7" ones just before I went on holiday to Gran Carina, …I got the "Cool 24/7" ones just before I went on holiday to Gran Carina, where the only pair of socks I brought with myself that my feet truley didn't actually sweat in. Found they also fit very well (you will notice you buy mostly buy your exact shoe size) after washing always hold shape. Soon as you feel them you can really tell the quailty is there. Personally think they really are worth the extra. You can also pick them up sometimes in TKMaxx but found Amazon when they have them at sub £5 to be hard to beat price wise.

Brilliant. I will definitely go and look for them to see what they feel like. I don't mind paying more if the quality justifies the price.
Got mine from Matalan. Tesco's socks, the dye comes out of them over your feet
Edited by: "summerof76" 18th Nov 2017
mutley13 h, 57 m ago

That is surprising. I would not expect socks from tesco to be of good …That is surprising. I would not expect socks from tesco to be of good quality. I will certainly have a look

Don't bother
We used buy from next all time but have switched too Tesco or Sainsbury and there honestly every bit as good !
Original Poster
summerof761 h, 39 m ago

Got mine from Matalan. Tesco's socks, the dye comes out of them over your …Got mine from Matalan. Tesco's socks, the dye comes out of them over your feet

I like some of the matalan clothes as they are very good value but i find they are low quality and so start to look worn very quickly. I have therefore avoided buying socks from them. Do their socks actually last? I find the issue with buying low budget socks is that they dont last so it is not long before you get a hole in them!
Original Poster
andyanddiane45 m ago

We used buy from next all time but have switched too Tesco or Sainsbury …We used buy from next all time but have switched too Tesco or Sainsbury and there honestly every bit as good !

I will have a look. I find clothes from supermarkets cheap for a reason, they dont last. Do they last long
+1 for matalan.
I brought them 3 years ago on a boxing day sale, it was a pack of 5 for £2, lovely quality and beats asda socks.
Never tried next etc
mutley13 h, 40 m ago

I will have a look. I find clothes from supermarkets cheap for a reason, …I will have a look. I find clothes from supermarkets cheap for a reason, they dont last. Do they last long

Ave had them for near a year and there still good !
Alldogboots are a good brand I hear.

32472125-VFuvl.jpg
TKMaxx always have a good selection.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants