Groups
    EXPIRED

Where to buy Xbox 360 Drives?

I'm getting a new Xbox 360 which I intend to have flashed in the nearish future, but I am aware that the new box will have a Lite-On drive that cannot be re-flashed, so I am wondering where I can buy a replacement drive (preferably a Benq as that is the recommended one to use) that I can send out to the company who will do the flashing for me (I would flash it myself but from what I have read on the process it would require tools I do not have).
    The company I have looked at does offer a replacement drive but they do not specify which model they use. The will flash a new drive you can supply with the box though, so if the Benq is the best that's what I would prefer.

Also, if anyone can offer some reliable companies who provide reflashing services that would be appreciated.My thanks in advance for any help anyone can give.

8 Comments

i can pm 2morrow with details

get a brand new one from fleacebay m8, there is a powerseller with stock at the moment. works out at near £40 but they are Brand new not pulled out of machines or refurbished.

Original Poster

Thanks for the replies.

Looking at the prices I might be better off letting the company (gameworlddirect ) handle it all: It costs £30 extra for them to supply the drive, though another thing to consider is they might not supply a new drive. Does anyone have experience with their service?

noodler;3729884

Thanks for the replies.Looking at the prices I might be better off … Thanks for the replies.Looking at the prices I might be better off letting the company (gameworlddirect ) handle it all: It costs £30 extra for them to supply the drive, though another thing to consider is they might not supply a new drive. Does anyone have experience with their service?

for £30 it is doubtfull that you will get a new drive and these so called services do not guarantee the replacement is going to be a benq, It will probably be a samsung MS25 MS28 or one of the many Hitatchis for that price.:thumbsup:

Original Poster

Well, after further research it seems there will be a firmware flash possible for the Lite-On drives in the near future anyway, so I will hold off to see how that goes.

Also read that the creator of the revised firmwares states themselves that 'spoofing' another drive to replace the lite-on is easily detected by xbox live, especially with the Benq's. All the more reason to wait.

noodler;3730683

Well, after further research it seems there will be a firmware flash … Well, after further research it seems there will be a firmware flash possible for the Lite-On drives in the near future anyway, so I will hold off to see how that goes.Also read that the creator of the revised firmwares states themselves that 'spoofing' another drive to replace the lite-on is easily detected by xbox live, especially with the Benq's. All the more reason to wait.

It will be available very soon:thumbsup:

But will require opening the actual liteon drive and using a special tool which havent been mass produced......yet.......:whistling:

Original Poster

DudeyGeeza;3730791

It will be available very soon:thumbsup:But will require opening the … It will be available very soon:thumbsup:But will require opening the actual liteon drive and using a special tool which havent been mass produced......yet.......:whistling:

So I guess this will be a replacement or add-on to the current 'connectivity' kit?

They can be had for around £25 (add another £10 for the solder free Lite-On drive add-on tool). Might well be worth getting as they (have to) update the firmware all the time.

The Lite-On drives can be Flashed. Firmware for the Lite-On Drive is due to be released on 24th december.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Win a Davosa Ternos Submariner Wristwatch worth £64578
      2. Win 1 of 3 x £1000 Selfridges vouchers with Virgin Trains1211
      3. Win a luxury eight-night break for two in Malaysia with Ushvani Spa and Tra…55
      4. Win a safari adventure & claim a free Chicago Town pizza coupon44

See more discussions