Groups

Where to find roundtop radiators

I am looking to buy some new roundtop radiators. I have been looking at the brands Myson and Quinn. However all the roundtop Quinn ones i have seen seem to have 4 inlet/outlets. 2 at the bottom and 2 at the top. I'd prefer to not have the 2 at the top. I can find Myson ones which fit the bill but are more expensive but they may be my only option. Before I buy the Myson radiators can anyone point me in the direction of alternatives?

heatandplumb.com/ima…1.3

directheatingsupplies.co.uk/med…jpg

Here are examples of what I mean. The top one is what I don't want the bottom is the style I do want.

10 Comments

Most rads have 4 connections as the top two are 1 blanked and 1 vented

myson only do 4 tap radiators now. they used to do the 2 tap ones but in a bid to allow all configuration options now only seem to offer the 4 tap ones. Their round top radiators come in all shapes and sizes (both imperial and metric) and either single panel, 2 panel with single connector or 2 panel with double connectors.
    I have 12 of them in my house, various sizes and are easy to fit. the taps at the top are supplied with a blanking plate and bleed valve.
    I've bought mainly from nation but also BHL and mytub, all of whom are reputable.
    Edited by: "charlesb224" 7th Dec 2016

Original Poster

Myson seem to still offer 2 tap radiators, the Myson premier HE still come with 2 connections. I just don't like the look of the 4 tapped ones

Brooklyn trading might do them in your size, not sure if they will be cheaper. The pictures aren't right but the description is!

I'd be pretty confident they're made by Myson anyway. It's probably worth getting a list of all your sizes and seeing if any merchants can beat your online price.

they seem to be the older type radiators u will probably find them for cheap prices if someone's got old stock. or get used ones from scrapyards for very cheap

I am renovating my house which is for sale, the radiators needs replacing but cant afford new ones. Can you really get used ones from scrap yards - wont they be rusty or leaking??

liamcush

Myson seem to still offer 2 tap radiators, the Myson premier HE still … Myson seem to still offer 2 tap radiators, the Myson premier HE still come with 2 connections. I just don't like the look of the 4 tapped ones

Not true. Just had a fight to have a faulty 2 tap one replaced and they couldn't source me a 2 tap so I got a 4 tap as a replacement.

Edited by: "charlesb224" 8th Dec 2016

Original Poster

charlesb224

Not true. Just had a fight to have a faulty 2 tap one replaced and they … Not true. Just had a fight to have a faulty 2 tap one replaced and they couldn't source me a 2 tap so I got a 4 tap as a replacement.

lots of websites still seem to have the 2 tap radiators, maybe what they have is the last of them. 4 tap just don't interest me, if I was in your position id sell the replacement and buy one from another site

Doesn't bother me the 2 taps at the top - you get used to it, but my fight was directly with Myson and their '10 year warranty' which isn't worth the sheet of paper it's written on - but that's another story!

The part codes for the HE roundtop start with either PM or 4PM (e.g. PM70DPX40 or 4PM70DPX40)
    Breakdown of the codes:
    4 = 4 tap. IF no 4, then 2 tap: e.g.
    2 Tap 70cm x 40cm double panel, single convector - pm70dpx40
    PM = roundtop HE
    first 2 numbers = Radiator Height in cms
    next letters: SC, DC or DPX (SC = Single Panel/Convector, DC = Double convector, DPX = Double Panel with single convector)
    Next numbers = Radiator Width

for

Original Poster

themorgatron

Brooklyn trading might do them in your size, not sure if they will be … Brooklyn trading might do them in your size, not sure if they will be cheaper. The pictures aren't right but the description is!I'd be pretty confident they're made by Myson anyway. It's probably worth getting a list of all your sizes and seeing if any merchants can beat your online price.

Thanks for this. I ended up buying 5 radiators from here. Brilliant prices and in the style i was after. Upon arrival it turns out they are Quinn radiators, which my plumber has told me are amongst the top radiators to get. Now im going to go back on the website and try get a few other sizes. Thanks again
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. NUS or Unidays?22
      2. Hi Wonder if anyone can help...I urgently need to buy a laptop today , up t…610
      3. 2 for 1 at Alton Towers this weekend?89
      4. Family Spotify account66

See more discussions