Groups

Where to get a Good Car Polisher from?

Anyone got a corded/cordless Car Polisher which would be good for T-cutting a Black car!?

I'm looking to buy one under £40 but by the looks of it - So many mixed reviews on Halfords - I have no idea!

I guess the better ones are the Random orbit ones but I'd rather ask for some personal reviews and for someone to point me in the right direction!

Thank you!

15 Comments

Black can be a pain, have a look into a clay bar.

Banned

There are two types which are Rotary and DA (Random orbit).

Rotary is mostly used by professionals as you need a bit of skill as to not burn the paintwork.

DA is much safer, i'd adivse something cheap as they all do the same job.
    Auction site item number: 290447539432

As to jtx's comment, a clay bar will only get road grime and dirt off your car and will not polish it.

jtx

+1 on this. Did a valet on an Aston this week and the clay brought it up lovely. Only cost about £7 for a clay bar and I've got loads of it left.
    Cheap polishers are a waste of money and machine polishing is best left to the professionals (or experienced amateurs) anyway.

Oh and have a look at using Auto Glym Super Resin Polish instead of T cut. Great stuff, easy to apply and rub off by hand.

Original Poster

jtx

Aha! I may do that, but I'll still need to buff it down!

I really want a machine, My hands feel like the fall off after waxing this car, and I've got enough scratches which could do with a good buffering of t-cut!

Original Poster

wierdowoss

There are two types which are Rotary and DA (Random orbit).Rotary is … There are two types which are Rotary and DA (Random orbit).Rotary is mostly used by professionals as you need a bit of skill as to not burn the paintwork.DA is much safer, i'd adivse something cheap as they all do the same job.Auction site item number: 290447539432As to jtx's comment, a clay bar will only get road grime and dirt off your car and will not polish it.

DA? whats that? The one you gave me says Orbital - Does that make a difference then? Wouldn't the Random orbital be better?

Original Poster

Evil_monkey

Oh and have a look at using Auto Glym Super Resin Polish instead of T … Oh and have a look at using Auto Glym Super Resin Polish instead of T cut. Great stuff, easy to apply and rub off by hand.

Thanks, I'll have a look for that

Where abouts did you get this clay bar from then? Thanks everyone for the help btw!

Boom123

DA? whats that? The one you gave me says Orbital - Does that make a … DA? whats that? The one you gave me says Orbital - Does that make a difference then? Wouldn't the Random orbital be better?

DA (dual action) is the same as a random orbital.

I think Halfords are doing buy one get one free on cleaning chemicals at the mo. They do a Meguires Clay Bar kit which has everything you need included in it, and then you could get some Auto Glym for free ;-).

Have a look at detailingworld.co.uk for some great advice on getting your motor looking its best.

Original Poster

Evil_monkey

DA (dual action) is the same as a random orbital.I think Halfords are … DA (dual action) is the same as a random orbital.I think Halfords are doing buy one get one free on cleaning chemicals at the mo. They do a Meguires Clay Bar kit which has everything you need included in it, and then you could get some Auto Glym for free ;-).Have a look at www.detailingworld.co.uk for some great advice on getting your motor looking its best.

290447539432 - The one that weirdowoss gave me, is that dual action? - I just need to know before I click buy it now!

Could you have a look at that?

I'll pop into halfords tommorow then and find out too - Thanks alot for the helpp!!

Boom123

290447539432 - The one that weirdowoss gave me, is that dual action? - I … 290447539432 - The one that weirdowoss gave me, is that dual action? - I just need to know before I click buy it now!Could you have a look at that?I'll pop into halfords tommorow then and find out too - Thanks alot for the helpp!!

Not seen one of those before tbh. It's very cheap for a polisher - look up "dual action polisher" on the same site to see what they normally go for!
    Where are you based? It might be worth you spending a few quid more (well, probably quite a lot more) and getting it done professionally.

"Where to get a Good Car Polisher from?"

Poland?

Just been looking on detailingworld forums and some of the guys on there are using this one
    diy.com/diy…p;t

Might be worth a look.

I used to use these polishers alot but make sure you use decent polish if you dont then its a real pain as you will just get loads of dust everywhere so it will look a mess. I use products from a company called autosmart which i like the products they are really easy to take off even if you leave it on for a while.

Banned

SIlverline was a popular DA which had great reviews and results for the money.

Banned

Evil_monkey

Just been looking on detailingworld forums and some of the guys on there … Just been looking on detailingworld forums and some of the guys on there are using this onehttp://www.diy.com/diy/jsp/bq/nav.jsp?action=detail&fh_secondid=10637570&fh_view_size=10&fh_start_index=20&fh_location=%2f%2fcatalog01%2fen_GB&fh_search=macallister&fh_eds=%C3%9F&fh_refview=search&tMight be worth a look.

Thats technically the new silverline in terms of what people are buying, however you do not get the pads etc to use with the car.

Might be worth it though if thats what DW recommend now
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …4602159
      2. Labour MP Naz Shah retweeted calling for abused white girls to shut their m…2041
      3. How long do we think it’ll be until USB C is considered as safe and univers…77
      4. Samsung Note 81015

See more discussions