Where to get a good quality AC power adapter?

Posted 30th May 2020
Bought some LED lights from aliexpress which are good but the AC adapter is very light and runs hot, so this is going in the bin.

Need a good quality one but from listings they all look cheap, I also found the device was using 3w in idle so not happy about that too, where is a good place that ensures good stock from china?
Community Updates
Ask
9 Comments
Isn't it a bit more complicated than that? It's all about volts, amps, jack size, and +- on the jack.

I used a multi adapter from amazon but they dont sell my model any more. Closest i can find is this :-

amazon.co.uk/Uni…8-7

I hate some of the plugs that come with chinese stuff. My last android box from china made a loud buzzing sound from the psu so that's why i bought my multi adapter as i had to dump the original adapter in the bin.
Edited by: "m1keyp1key" 30th May
m1keyp1key30/05/2020 12:21

Isn't it a bit more complicated than that? It's all about volts, amps, …Isn't it a bit more complicated than that? It's all about volts, amps, jack size, and +- on the jack. I used a multi adapter from amazon but they dont sell my model any more. Closest i can find is this :-https://www.amazon.co.uk/Universal-100-240V-Switching-Household-Electronics/dp/B07BQR2QDF/ref=sr_1_7?dchild=1&keywords=multi+adapter&qid=1590837575&sr=8-7I hate some of the plugs that come with chinese stuff. My last android box from china made a loud buzzing sound from the psu so that's why i bought my multi adapter as i had to dump the original adapter in the bin.

yeah, seems to be an issue, so complicated for a novice to understand what I need.

I want something that is not going to set fire to the house and for the leds to work lol, many on ebay are likely cheap china imports from aliexpress with no testing, so assuming aslong as I buy from somewhere reputable they are more likely to be tested
put the model of the psu/adapter on here that you're throwing away.
m1keyp1key30/05/2020 12:55

put the model of the psu/adapter on here that you're throwing away.

Ac/DC
Jcy-1230
Input:ac100-240v-50/60hz

Output 12v 3a

Made in China

My LED lights max out at 10 watts by using a power meter
Especificações técnicas:
1) Modelo: JCY-1230
2) Tipo: Adaptador de Alimentação
3) Tensão de entrada: AC 100V ~ 240V - Bivolt 50/60Hz
4) Corrente de saída: 12V 3A (Max 36W)
5) Temperatura de trabalho: 0 ~ 40ºC - de armazenamento: -20 ~ 60º C
6) Cabo de aproximadamente 88cm de comprimento.
7) Tamanho do conector: 5,5 milímetros (OD) * 2,5 milímetros (ID) (também se encaixam 5,5 milímetros * 2,1 milímetros)

Anyone speak spanish that can understand number 7? I can't understand if its 5.5x2.5 or 5.5x2.1 that's required for the connector?
I've had to buy a few replacement AC Adapters in recent months. If you don't know the size of the jack it can be a PITA (though I had equivalent beauty gadget adapters I was able to look up the specs sheets on, and they saved the day).

Having something like this handy (where you know the size of each replaceable jack) is handy to have around as you can use that as a reference. 40921413-zKDwL.jpgYou can buy an adapter that has a higher amperage than you need and it will still work, but underpowered adapters are best avoided. Voltage and polarity have to match.

CPC will be fine if you aren't sure where to purchase from. Aliexpress and Amazon are a bit of a minefield.
Edited by: "louiselouise" 30th May
m1keyp1key30/05/2020 13:24

Anyone speak spanish that can understand number 7? I can't understand if …Anyone speak spanish that can understand number 7? I can't understand if its 5.5x2.5 or 5.5x2.1 that's required for the connector?

Internal barrel dim is 2.5mm or both, were most 2.1mm internal connections are spring-loaded to accommodate 2.5mm , and where obvsly 5.5mm is the outside barrel dim.
AndyRoyd30/05/2020 16:34

Internal barrel dim is 2.5mm or both, were most 2.1mm internal connections …Internal barrel dim is 2.5mm or both, were most 2.1mm internal connections are spring-loaded to accommodate 2.5mm , and where obvsly 5.5mm is the outside barrel dim.

Thanks i thought it might be both but wondered how that could be.

So that means the amazon linked adapter would be fine that i posted earlier.
Post a comment
@
    Text