Where to get best price for spares and repairs vehicle

Found 15th Jul
Where to get best price for spares and repairs vehicle.

looking around surrey, about £150 for 2000 astra, i keep getting £80 offers since last night but no idea why everyone is offering £80 and whether they will sell it as spares to a company for double the amount ?

thanks in advance
Community Updates
Ask
10 Comments
Scrap prices have fallen a fair bit and in the London area cars are pretty cheap so £80 doesn’t sound too bad. Unless the car still has MOT and is roadworthy?

You could try talking to a scrap yard yourself or breaking it yourself.
Edited by: "cmdr_elito" 15th Jul
cmdr_elito5 m ago

Scrap prices have fallen a fair bit and in the London area cars are pretty …Scrap prices have fallen a fair bit and in the London area cars are pretty cheap so £80 doesn’t sound too bad. Unless the car still has MOT and is roadworthy?You could try talking to a scrap yard yourself or breaking it yourself.

It has 2 weeks of MOT left
I will try finding a scrap yard, thanks
Hunt_Deal_Hunt2 m ago

It has 2 weeks of MOT left

That won’t make much difference as there is no guarantee it’ll pass. If it’s diesel it’s highly unlikely to pass the new emissions tests at that age.
See what a scrap yard will offer both for you dropping off and them collecting. Then scan some forums to see what parts are in demand. What are the common faults. I'd be surprised if there wasnt a few bits that could be easily removed and worth more than 80.

headlamps/bumpers/wing mirrors - all the stuff that is easily damaged in small bumps.
If scrappy will lift then a set of wheels/tyres/jack .
electrical stuff - mirror controls etc
Try cartakeback got £97 for a 18 year old micra a few months ago, about £20 more than I could get elsewhere.
Thank you, got £130 offered from motorwise, they said will contact in 4 business hours, so probably gonna be tomorrow I guess
Hunt_Deal_Hunt1 h, 56 m ago

Thank you, got £130 offered from motorwise, they said will contact in 4 …Thank you, got £130 offered from motorwise, they said will contact in 4 business hours, so probably gonna be tomorrow I guess

They are the same as I one I used the certificate of distraction came from the other company think they are the same. Service was excellent money in our account the next day, no attempt to haggle all very professional.Local scrap yard picked up and then sends them all to the motorwise location think it’s in Preston.

booked ours on on the Sunday as well got a call first thing Monday could have picked up next day but asked for it in a few days, came at agreed time.
Edited by: "eslick" 15th Jul
Motorwise are very good. I've used them twice, and as long as you're honest about the condition of the car to be scrapped you will receive their offered amount. I got paid out same day
loumar7619 h, 34 m ago

Motorwise are very good. I've used them twice, and as long as you're …Motorwise are very good. I've used them twice, and as long as you're honest about the condition of the car to be scrapped you will receive their offered amount. I got paid out same day

They are offering me Friday, which is far away
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants