Expired

Where To Get Cheap Tickets For Chelsea Vs Wigan Athletic Or Other Games

Found 18th Mar 2011
I have some friends coming to the UK, stopping at London and they wanted to see a football match. They are only here 9th April for seven days. They asked about a True Blue Membership, and I haven't the slightest clue. Nor do I know where to get cheapest tickets.
We're not sports fans - so we don't need to be so close to the game. As long as we're there, and can see what's happening, that's fine.
It doesn't have to be Chelsea vs Wigan. If there are other games in London within their stay period, please let me know. And let me know the process (ie. buy online and collect there? or do they send it to us? etc.)

Many thanks!

7 Comments

You won't get cheap tickets for a Chelsea home game, they go on sale to members first and will all be sold out, so unless you know someone who is a member at Chelsea then you need to look at a smaller club elsewhere in London, say QPR or Charlton as I doubt places like Spurs and Arsenal will have cheap tickets either.

How about Millwall v Leeds for a nice quiet day out? (if you really know nothing about football this one isn't for the faint hearted but you would be unlikely to get much of a better atmosphere)

may not be up your street but Spurs v Stoke may have some away tickets as Stoke will be involved in the cup semi-final around then and away fans may not sell out. Always a better atmosphere in the away end at any game too. or maybe go in the Wigan end against Chelsea, I'd be suprised if they will sell out.

Watford v Norwich on the Tuesday would be a good game to go to.

Other than that there isn't a great deal and as above Premiership sides are unlikely to get cheap tickets against anyone.

Edited by: "greg_68" 18th Mar 2011

Original Poster

canaries.co.uk/pag…tml

Does that mean they're sold out for that matchup?

Edited by: "moe922" 18th Mar 2011

moe922

http://www.canaries.co.uk/page/MatchTickets/0,,10355~2315222,00.htmlDoes … http://www.canaries.co.uk/page/MatchTickets/0,,10355~2315222,00.htmlDoes that mean they're sold out for that matchup?

Norwich are away at Watford and have sold their allocation, there are still Watford tickets left though.

watfordfc.com/pag…h/0,,10400~2316997,00.html

Original Poster

Thanks!

Would you recommend seating are LRS3 (lower, centre, £25)
or URS5 (upper, off-centre, £30)
or RS6 (end of the pitch on one side)

Thanks.

greg_68

Norwich are away at Watford and have sold their allocation, there are … Norwich are away at Watford and have sold their allocation, there are still Watford tickets left though.http://www.watfordfc.com/page/MatchbyMatch/0,,10400~2316997,00.html

Edited by: "moe922" 20th Mar 2011

^^ If you can afford go on the side in an upper tier and as near to the centre line as possible, they will be the most expensive seats generally but if your doing it you may as well do it propoerly.

Phone the ticket office and explain to them what you want and they will be the best to help.
Edited by: "greg_68" 21st Mar 2011

Original Poster

Ok, that's what I got.

Now, is the station near "Watford Junction" on the overground line? Can I get onto that train via "Queen's Park" station on the Bakerloo Line?

Thanks.

EDIT:
It looks like I can get to Watford station on the Metropolitan line and walk there 10 mins.
watfordfc.com/pag…tml

maps.google.co.uk/map…=15

greg_68

^^ If you can afford go on the side in an upper tier and as near to the … ^^ If you can afford go on the side in an upper tier and as near to the centre line as possible, they will be the most expensive seats generally but if your doing it you may as well do it propoerly.Phone the ticket office and explain to them what you want and they will be the best to help.

Edited by: "moe922" 27th Mar 2011
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Is loveeur legit? Fantastic prices for scooters33
    2. Outdoor laser projector22
    3. 12v car heater recommendations please22
    4. Forza 7 ps433

See more discussions