Groups
    EXPIRED

where to get cycle clothing and lights?

Hi guy's me again i was the one asking about what mountain bike to buy and you lot came up with some great ideas which helped me get a great bike that should be delivered tue!
    Well now i'm on the lookout for some good cheap cycling clothes i.e. jacket and breathable tops...........!
    and also looking for some decent bike lights at a good price that i won't be spending a forture on batteries.........
    Thanks Folks MERRY CHRISTMAS............:santa:

13 Comments

tesco direct have some cheap

wiggle.co.uk or chainreactioncycles.com both have super fast delivery times. The only downside for me is wiggle is across the road from my house & you cant go in there to collect your goods as they only do mail order

As above - Wiggle or CRC. Delivery is free and usually 24-48hours.

Hint: If you sign up for Wiggles newsletter you get a £5 off £50 and voucher and if you update your details you get another voucher every time!

I would check out Aldi and Netto they often have biking stuff!

Another vote for wiggle here. ALDI are supposed to have some good cheap quality stuff occasionally. I'd invest in a good quality jacket, gloves, and head gear because there is nothing worse than being freezing cold. Windproof stuff is great as it blocks the cold wind which will really chill you if you are going at any speed.

Aldi only do cycling stuff twice a year, once in spring and once in autumn which you've missed.

If you have a store near you, then Decathlon do a lot of cheap good quality cycling clothing. I think you can only purchase at their shops.
    decathlon.co.uk/EN/

Original Poster

Thanks guys is there anybody that could recommend a certain product as there is so many to choose from and especially the lights as don't wanna be spending a forture on batteries..............

paul1521

Thanks guys is there anybody that could recommend a certain product as … Thanks guys is there anybody that could recommend a certain product as there is so many to choose from and especially the lights as don't wanna be spending a forture on batteries..............

What sort of riding do you want the lights for - off road/on road/ cycle path etc? How often are you going to be riding on the road, if at all? If I was commuting by bike I would want some decent lights and bright clothes to make sure I was seen, if you are mainly on cycle paths you may not need them quite so bright - off road, you need to see where you are going!! LED lights have quite good battery life, but if you are using them a lot, rechargeables may be better in the long run (or should that be cycle!).

I picked these up the other dayfor £60 before they droped the price:x wiggle.co.uk/Pro…tem

Original Poster

ERICS........... Gonna be riding to work and back every day and will be on roads journey will take about half an hour there and same back Thanks for advice peeps....!

Original Poster

Anymore advice peeps..........?
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. U.S. bombers fly off North Korea's coast in show of force2644
      2. Whoops SNP...Grenfell style cladding all over Glasgow1027
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767421
      4. One for the mathmeticians1624

See more discussions