Groups

Where to get Jasper In London? [Xbox 360]

anyone got one in oxford circus or anywhere in central london has to be near
    SE

20 Comments

you are answering your own question?

Nt sure tbh, but you should stick to looking for arcades for now.

Easier to work out if it's a jasper it not, 60gb and elites don't have the onboard memory, plus u won't get an elite till after the red ones sell out, unless u want one of those, shame they are just red, at least the Halo edition had graphics and orange silverness.

Why is it that u want a jasper??

souljacker;4560308

you are answering your own question?

Boosting post count, does it in every thread they've been in so far..

jaspers also fail :thumbsup:

If any 360 rrod's within 3 years of purchase, MS will pick it up, and either repair or replace it with a new one! That's a hell of a warranty! Jasper or not m8, warranty is so good nowadays u shouldn't worry!

DudeyGeeza;4560333

Boosting post count, does it in every thread they've been in so far..

Yeah ive seen him bump other peoples for sale threads and delete his post, need to get out more...

ALEXSHEFF92;4561231

Yeah ive seen him bump other peoples for sale threads and delete his … Yeah ive seen him bump other peoples for sale threads and delete his post, need to get out more...

I don't think the nurses let him?

From what I read in an xbox mag the E74 error has been cropping up a lot more often and isn't covered by the 3yr warranty, bad times.

esq3585;4561805

From what I read in an xbox mag the E74 error has been cropping up a lot … From what I read in an xbox mag the E74 error has been cropping up a lot more often and isn't covered by the 3yr warranty, bad times.

I had a e74 on my 14 month old falcon the other day, after a bit of discussion with gamestation I got a new Jasper and new 1 year warranty. Just had to keep my 20gb HDD but got everything else swapped

Paddy_o_furniture;4561885

I had a e74 on my 14 month old falcon the other day, after a bit of … I had a e74 on my 14 month old falcon the other day, after a bit of discussion with gamestation I got a new Jasper and new 1 year warranty. Just had to keep my 20gb HDD but got everything else swapped

Nice1 :thumbsup:

That's right, E74's happen more then RROD on Falcons as it's a Graphics card issue, they used the cooler CPU, but not GPU, and E74's are only under the 12 month warranty. So Paddy's though 14 months old, must have either been 14 months from the MFR date and not quite 12 months since it was bought, or he really has the gift of the gab and i want him as my right hand man.. lol..

DudeyGeeza;4566516

That's right, E74's happen more then RROD on Falcons as it's a Graphics … That's right, E74's happen more then RROD on Falcons as it's a Graphics card issue, they used the cooler CPU, but not GPU, and E74's are only under the 12 month warranty. So Paddy's though 14 months old, must have either been 14 months from the MFR date and not quite 12 months since it was bought, or he really has the gift of the gab and i want him as my right hand man.. lol..

No xbox was over 14 months old in both terms manafacture was end Nov 2007, bought 12/12/07 Microsofts warranty on the site actually gave me about an extra 10 days. As you said mate, gift of the gab
    brawlzzz;4567173

kool what did you tell them ?

I just said that for the £250 I paid for the package I was well entitled to more than 14 months use, and that it wasn't hard wearing or durable. He disagreed originally and told me that my problem lied with microsoft, I said no i bought it from you your the retailer. A phone call to head office later I had a new jasper console with 12 months warranty (just had to swap the HDD back to my 20 instead of the 60) but got new everything else.

Paddy_o_furniture;4567641

No xbox was over 14 months old in both terms manafacture was end Nov … No xbox was over 14 months old in both terms manafacture was end Nov 2007, bought 12/12/07 Microsofts warranty on the site actually gave me about an extra 10 days. As you said mate, gift of the gabI just said that for the £250 I paid for the package I was well entitled to more than 14 months use, and that it wasn't hard wearing or durable. He disagreed originally and told me that my problem lied with microsoft, I said no i bought it from you your the retailer. A phone call to head office later I had a new jasper console with 12 months warranty (just had to swap the HDD back to my 20 instead of the 60) but got new everything else.

Just madness, they DIDN'T HAVE to give you anything, the problem does lie with MS, who would have turned around and said £60 for a repair as it's not covered under the 3 year RROD and is essentially out of all warranties.

Do you use Gamestation a lot or something? Even then, they were fully within their rights regardelss of what you say standing infront of em, to just send you away empty handed.

A VERY VERY LUCKY GUY!

DudeyGeeza;4567959

Just madness, they DIDN'T HAVE to give you anything, the problem does lie … Just madness, they DIDN'T HAVE to give you anything, the problem does lie with MS, who would have turned around and said £60 for a repair as it's not covered under the 3 year RROD and is essentially out of all warranties.Do you use Gamestation a lot or something? Even then, they were fully within their rights regardelss of what you say standing infront of em, to just send you away empty handed.A VERY VERY LUCKY GUY!

Nah took advice from CAB and consumer direct who both said it is the responsiibilty of the retailer.

OLD ONE
    http://i646.photobucket.com/albums/uu184/stobbsy79/old.jpg
    NEW ONE
    http://i646.photobucket.com/albums/uu184/stobbsy79/new.jpg
    I'm not bothered how lucky I was I got a new xbox for nowt (although the drive on this one seems alot noiser) Seem to have gotten 54 weeks microsoft warranty again this time

DudeyGeeza;4567959

Just madness, they DIDN'T HAVE to give you anything, the problem does lie … Just madness, they DIDN'T HAVE to give you anything, the problem does lie with MS, who would have turned around and said £60 for a repair as it's not covered under the 3 year RROD and is essentially out of all warranties.Do you use Gamestation a lot or something? Even then, they were fully within their rights regardelss of what you say standing infront of em, to just send you away empty handed.A VERY VERY LUCKY GUY!

Not really. In small claims court you would also win as it is expected that the goods in essence should really be lasting more than 14 months and 14 months is not an unrealistic amount of time that one should expect something to remain working under non abused terms.

dontasciime;4568304

Not really. In small claims court you would also win as it is expected … Not really. In small claims court you would also win as it is expected that the goods in essence should really be lasting more than 14 months and 14 months is not an unrealistic amount of time that one should expect something to remain working under non abused terms.

+1.

Sale Of Goods Act completely covers this. It's shocking how many people do not have a basic understanding of their "Statutory Rights".

thesaint;4569821

+1.Sale Of Goods Act completely covers this. It's shocking how many … +1.Sale Of Goods Act completely covers this. It's shocking how many people do not have a basic understanding of their "Statutory Rights".

Which is what I was advised from CAB and consumer direct.

So hold on, you sell something with a 1 year MFR warranty.

it lasts over a year but then dies, (14 months in this case) but you say you would STILL get a replacement according to your "statuatory rights?"????

How does that work?

So what is a reasonable length of time ANY piece of equipment should last according to the sale of goods act? Still seems silly, MFR states they sell it with a year warranty, but people quote sale of goods act and get a new one anyway, where the heck do the business's stand?

DudeyGeeza;4569991

So hold on, you sell something with a 1 year MFR warranty.it lasts over a … So hold on, you sell something with a 1 year MFR warranty.it lasts over a year but then dies, (14 months in this case) but you say you would STILL get a replacement according to your "statuatory rights?"????How does that work?So what is a reasonable length of time ANY piece of equipment should last according to the sale of goods act? Still seems silly, MFR states they sell it with a year warranty, but people quote sale of goods act and get a new one anyway, where the heck do the business's stand?

There isn't a legal definition of a "reasonable" length of time.

For example, if you purchased a T.V for £70, a reasonable length of time as determined by a court may be "18 months", but for a T.V costing £2000, a court may decide that a reasonable length of time to be 4 years. The maximum amount of time under the S.O.G.A is 6 years.

Businesses know the S.O.G.A in general, but baffle the uneducated with "Manufacturers Warranty".
    When you see "This does not effect your statutory rights" on your receipt etc, they are alluding to the S.O.G.A.

It's not as simple as having something fail after 2 years(for example) and getting a new one, they can repair it.

You need to read up on it to get an understanding.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. The HUKD Student Discount code sharing thread (most codes on Unidays are si…7271383
      2. Help Feed a Homeless Animal for Free1608651
      3. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047187
      4. I have 2 spare netflix slots and a spotify share.918

See more discussions