Groups
    EXPIRED

Where to get Metal pipe + fixings from?

Im looking to get some 1.5" steel pipe (3mm)
    5x 6ft sections,
    4x 90 Degree angle joints
    and 1x 60 Degree angle joint

Im looking to make a lacrosse goal. as cheap as possible, where would be the best pace to get it from?

8 Comments

3mm is narrower than a straw.

Try 28mm plastic piping from any diy store plus 90 degree push fit fixings.

generaloneill;7724616

3mm is narrower than a straw.Try 28mm plastic piping from any diy store … 3mm is narrower than a straw.Try 28mm plastic piping from any diy store plus 90 degree push fit fixings.

lmfao....3mm is the wall thickness.

Original Poster

generaloneill;7724616

3mm is narrower than a straw.Try 28mm plastic piping from any diy store … 3mm is narrower than a straw.Try 28mm plastic piping from any diy store plus 90 degree push fit fixings.

3mm is the wall thickness, i cant use plastic pipe as i would snap it should i hit the post.

Since you probably dont know a lacrosse ball is about the size of a tennis ball, but solid rubber and can be thrown at around 95 mph (i can get up to about 75) = Damage :P

Banned

yellow page your local engineering firms : ) get the corner joints welded up so the pipe pushes in and is held firm with a bolt .

Original Poster

tangramman;7725005

yellow page your local engineering firms : ) get the corner joints … yellow page your local engineering firms : ) get the corner joints welded up so the pipe pushes in and is held firm with a bolt .

Sounds expensive :P
    I was hoping just to do it myself to saveon cost as i wasnt looking to spend much.

Do you have a plumbcentre or equivalent near to you?

It's going to have to be pretty stable / fixed, if that lot falls on the keepr (do they have on) they'll know about it.

]This is the sort of thing I'd use, an allen key locks the corner pipes in place if you need it to be dismantled.

Original Poster

greg_68;7726016

Do you have a plumbcentre or equivalent near to you?It's going to have to … Do you have a plumbcentre or equivalent near to you?It's going to have to be pretty stable / fixed, if that lot falls on the keepr (do they have on) they'll know about it.

its a 6ft by 6ft square that has a triangular base. It will prob never have a keeper in it, it is a practice tool really, i need to practice hitting corners!

have you tried b&q
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Jury service1114
      2. Tooth extraction1013
      3. Should I buy brand new wd drive without warranty on ebay811
      4. Three connection67

See more discussions