Where to get new tyres

Found 26th Jan
Looks like F1autocentres are the cheapest. even better than blackcircles. Anyone got any other tips? Or vouchers for F1?
Community Updates
  1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
11 Comments
Have you done a quote online with KwikFit including fitting?
Personally, I would avoid F1 from bitter experience. Cheapest is not always the best. I always remember a quote from Murphys Laws of Combat - "Never forget your weapon was made by the lowest bidder".
My takeaway from the last buying experience is - go with Black Circle prices (pref mid-range) but choose a local fitter rather than a chain.
I found Kwick fit cheaper than black circles about this time last year. That’s booking online in advance not just turning up. Don’t forget quidco too
I recommend Camskill and Oponeo - just get a local to fit.

Even Amazon have crazy prices now and again
Edited by: "OneGloveOnTheFence" 26th Jan
tyres on the drive were good last time i needed tyres
come to your home/workplace
whoever you use dont forget cashback
Edited by: "mattmerch" 26th Jan
Fgs! Go find an independent that will be competitive and give you what you want. Multi nationals offering discounts with unhappy staff slaving away. Then you got to say no as they point out shocks gone or other tyres want doing as the try and get the £80+ clear profit out of every person that drives in.. Jmo.. Hate these companies. Much prefer to support independents although price needs to be sensible
Original Poster
Thanks for all the suggestions. I tried all the suggestions, most of which had not occurred to me. F1 just happen to be cheaper today on my tyre size and over £10 per tyre compared ot independents. I have used F1 before and had good service. They are by far the cheapest (inc Costco) and I need 4 so they win. (I have no interest in F1)
wayners20 h, 42 m ago

Fgs! Go find an independent that will be competitive and give you what you …Fgs! Go find an independent that will be competitive and give you what you want. Multi nationals offering discounts with unhappy staff slaving away. Then you got to say no as they point out shocks gone or other tyres want doing as the try and get the £80+ clear profit out of every person that drives in.. Jmo.. Hate these companies. Much prefer to support independents although price needs to be sensible

Are a lot of Kwik fits just francises so effectively local businesses flying the Kwik Fit flag?
ktm66617 m ago

Are a lot of Kwik fits just francises so effectively local businesses …Are a lot of Kwik fits just francises so effectively local businesses flying the Kwik Fit flag?

I never thought so. I think if you can stand your ground and not fall for the extras then maybe you can get a good deal at these places. Not for me though. They seem to do OK and always cars in so what do I know.. Must be doing something right. I just don't like modern faceless businesses trying to work every angle to get a few more £s and running clever marketing campaigns to bring the people in. Not had anyone say to me go get your tyres from them.. They are the best..Jmo
wayners8 h, 50 m ago

I never thought so. I think if you can stand your ground and not fall for …I never thought so. I think if you can stand your ground and not fall for the extras then maybe you can get a good deal at these places. Not for me though. They seem to do OK and always cars in so what do I know.. Must be doing something right. I just don't like modern faceless businesses trying to work every angle to get a few more £s and running clever marketing campaigns to bring the people in. Not had anyone say to me go get your tyres from them.. They are the best..Jmo

I’ve used them in the past and our company has a contract with them for tyres.
All I can say is that branches change drastically. Near me, there are two branches within 500yds of each other. One is superb, the other is beyond useless. They are like any businesses. Hit and miss.
The way to make them work for you is to find a good one, then make use of online offers etc. I recently got a full service for less that the costs of the parts to do it myself.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants