Expired

where to get watch glass replaced?

Found 28th Jun 2012
I have a citizen ecodrive titanium but the glass has got quite bad scratches and I noticed a chip in it earlier that seems to have gone right through so no longer watertight.

Has anyone had something like this done and recommend somewhere?

Also what sort of price am I looking at?
Community Updates
MiscWatch
13 Comments
Banned
I hear tell that you can send it back to citizen to get an estimate to replace your glass
A good jeweller who deals with citizen should have glass in stock, google!!!!! Thats how I got my Gucci sorted. Cheers
Original Poster
dog_cop

I hear tell that you can send it back to citizen to get an estimate to … I hear tell that you can send it back to citizen to get an estimate to replace your glass

Thats what I hate, I like to know upfront the costs, why cant they just tell you upfront? Its not like an unknown fault.
Banned
Seems like it's special glass oO
Original Poster
mumbojumbo

http://www.time-repairs.com/watchrepair/w4-18.htm

Cheers they seem quite reasonable, its a bloody good watch and I feel stupid for giving it a rough treatment!

Have you ever used them?
Original Poster
dog_cop

Seems like it's special glass oO

Yeah thats just my luck! Actualy it seems to be the gasket whats "special" (bit like me then)
Edited by: "harlzter" 28th Jun 2012
Banned
harlzter

Yeah thats just my luck!

Expensive tastes then
Original Poster
dog_cop

Expensive tastes then

Personally I wouldn't have spent that on a watch but it was a present so has some sentimental value, plus its the only metal watch I haven't developed a rash from being titanium and stainless.
Original Poster
mumbojumbo

I've not used them, but they have been around for years. They say they … I've not used them, but they have been around for years. They say they deal mainly with trade customers and one of the links is to an Ebay seller - Watches2Clocks - which has good feedback and which in turn recommends Time Repairs! Seems legit...

Cheers fella, going to contact them to confirm prices as they seem cheap.
Banned
Whst a lovely helpul thread.

Interesting about not getting a rash from titanium. I shall remember that as I get rashes from some metal watches. Thank you.
Original Poster
Remington

Whst a lovely helpul thread.Interesting about not getting a rash from … Whst a lovely helpul thread.Interesting about not getting a rash from titanium. I shall remember that as I get rashes from some metal watches. Thank you.

I am very bad, for it so far there are 3 metals I can wear = stainless steel but not surgical for some reason, Titanium and silver, everything else leaves me with a bad rash, I even have to put nail varnish on the back of jeans buttons etc. I believe its likely to be the nickel content.
Edited by: "harlzter" 29th Jun 2012

Sorry, commenting is no longer available on this discussion.

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants