Where to go and stay near Dublin

Found 19th Dec 2017
Hi Everyone,

It's my birthday in early January and we have found some good prices for flights to Dublin from Glasgow.

The thing is we are not city people, living in a city we prefer sea view and fresh air - can anyone recommend somewhere to go/stay within an hour or so of Dublin?

We will hire a car and I'd like somewhere with a really nice hotel/apartment for a couple of days that we can tour around from.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Community Updates
Ask
7 Comments
Dun Laoghaire
Dalky
Howth

Bray is a good bit further out. About a 30min drive.
Hoath or Malahide both coastal villages on the DART (train) route from Dublin.
fantastic thank you both will check these out
I used to live in Howth. It is beautiful and the locals are very friendly. There are some fantastic rooms, flats and houses on airbnb listed for January. airbnb.co.uk/s/H…DNT

You could do the coastal walk to Sutton or visit Malahide from here. Another place to visit would be Newgrange. newgrange.com/

Equally Dalkey is lovely and would be closer to Glendalough, Powerscourt and the Wicklow Mountains.
Some nice places on Air BnB
sylviasmith9448 h, 24 m ago

I used to live in Howth. It is beautiful and the locals are very friendly. …I used to live in Howth. It is beautiful and the locals are very friendly. There are some fantastic rooms, flats and houses on airbnb listed for January. https://www.airbnb.co.uk/s/Howth--Ireland/homes?checkin=2018-01-05&checkout=2018-01-07&adults=2&children=0&infants=0&place_id=ChIJl8u8a-EEZ0gREHExl6nHAAo&guests=2&source=mob&sem_keywords=airbnb&allow_override[]=&s_tag=GtD3VDNTYou could do the coastal walk to Sutton or visit Malahide from here. Another place to visit would be Newgrange. http://www.newgrange.com/Equally Dalkey is lovely and would be closer to Glendalough, Powerscourt and the Wicklow Mountains.

thank you very much, will also have a look at these.
Hi, me and the wife are going to Dublin to watch a show. Was just looking at flights and Ryanair came up with £40 return. Is this a good price or should a wait for a better price? It’s not until June so not a massive rush. Never been before so not sure what a decent price would be. Any help appreciated. Also, sorry to barge in on the OPs post. Using the mobile app and there’s no option to start a new “discussion”.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants