Where to go Camping in London?

26 replies
Found 21st Mar 2010
Hi guys, I was wondering what is the best place to go camping. I got tent and camping gears. I have never done it before. I wanna make the most of the coming british summer. Any advise please?

26 Comments

Banned

The garden

Original Poster

DLM;8163478

The garden

specific location pls.

Dawlish in Devon is lovely

Google 'London camping and caravan Parks' there are 5 sites within the M25. Lee Valley seems nice - 40 mins tube to central London.

Heaven nightclub :thumbsup:

Banned

fullmoon;8163487

specific location pls.

Sorry I can't think of any green in london :oops:

queenlush;8163495

Supermod

queenlush;8163495

Only if the weather is nice. Plus, you mean Dawlish Warren?

magicjay1986;8163579

Only if the weather is nice. Plus, you mean Dawlish Warren?

There are two parts....Dawlish and Dawlish Warren.

Your choice may be altered dependent on your method of travel. Are you planning to use your own transport or will you be reliant on public transport?
If you are reliant on public transport it will not just be proximity to london which is important but also what transport links are available
This could be a good choice as it is close to tube links.
theelmscampsite.co.uk/

burstlikeabubble;8163536

Wooooooosh.

The back garden at Buckingham Palace is nice. :thumbsup:

Supermod

queenlush;8163594

There are two parts....Dawlish and Dawlish Warren.

I am well aware of that. Been there more times than I would like to have. All I am saying is that all of the half decent campsites are in Dawlish Warren.

magicjay1986;8163652

I am well aware of that. Been there more times than I would like to have. … I am well aware of that. Been there more times than I would like to have. All I am saying is that all of the half decent campsites are in Dawlish Warren.

Yes they are .......and like you said before it's the weather that makes camping, otherwise you could end up having a pretty miserable time.

Supermod

queenlush;8163664

Yes they are .......and like you said before it's the weather that makes … Yes they are .......and like you said before it's the weather that makes camping, otherwise you could end up having a pretty miserable time.

Exactly. Dawlish in the summer time is glorious.

LJM;8163521

Google 'London camping and caravan Parks' there are 5 sites within the … Google 'London camping and caravan Parks' there are 5 sites within the M25. Lee Valley seems nice - 40 mins tube to central London.

Was trying to work out what tube link this is on. If I am right there is a local bus service but its not immediately close to tube network. Think you would be reliant on bus links or taxis at this site if you did not have your own transport

Original Poster

WoolyM;8163608

Your choice may be altered dependent on your method of travel. Are you … Your choice may be altered dependent on your method of travel. Are you planning to use your own transport or will you be reliant on public transport?If you are reliant on public transport it will not just be proximity to london which is important but also what transport links are availableThis could be a good choice as it is close to tube links.http://www.theelmscampsite.co.uk/

I will be using public transport. So the closer to public transport, the better for me. I have never done it before. I am even thinking of staying overnight(if possible). Also I don't know if camping is allowed in London parks?

Original Poster

burstlikeabubble;8163536

for real?

fullmoon;8164453

I will be using public transport. So the closer to public transport, the … I will be using public transport. So the closer to public transport, the better for me. I have never done it before. I am even thinking of staying overnight(if possible). Also I don't know if camping is allowed in London parks?

Theres all sorts of camping in certain parks around london but not the sort where you will pitch a tent if you understand....
Think the boyz in blue would move you on if tried to pitch up. But suppose that could give you a nights lodgings of sorts:thumbsup:

WoolyM;8163608

This could be a good choice as it is close to tube … This could be a good choice as it is close to tube links.http://www.theelmscampsite.co.uk/

I was going to suggest Epping Forest too!!
ukcampsite.co.uk/sit…697

if you want really camp

Hampstead Heath

oh wait..

fullmoon;8164474

for real?

Oh you mean that type of camping

I see loads of people camping in london, mostly shop doorways, sometimes park benches.

If you go to Hampstead you will also see plenty of people camping, most notably George Michael

used to be a good site at Crystal Palce, don't know if it's still there

Ive got a space in my garden for you, £7 a night (hot showers included)

Original Poster

Starr;8166290

Ive got a space in my garden for you, £7 a night (hot showers included)

That is really funny. Thanks..
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Swimming goggles for 3 year old44
    2. printing pictures22
    3. Second sky q mini box - can i buy from ebay?1318
    4. active noise cancelling headphones32

See more discussions