Groups

Where to go in Birmingham on Saturday night!

I've not been out on a Saturday night in aaaages! I've got a friend coming up and I want to go somewhere interesting! No where too crowded (ie not Gatecrasher!) and no where too chavvy (ie not Wetherspoons)! Don't fancy Mechu, Malmaison or anywhere in the Arcadian as that tends to get quiet after about midnight ish. Oh and no where in the gay quarter :-p Somewhere with great cocktails a bonus!
    Any suggestions?! Not that I'm picky :-p

27 Comments

Go to Manchester.

Just pub crawl up Broad Street, you will find one to your liking at some point.

O'Neills Music Room

Original Poster

Broad Street is... Undesirable!! O'Neills is just a pub more than anything!

Banned

Come to my house, I'm on Lionel Street.

vibeone

Thanks! What number?

Banned

baffledsalmon

Broad Street is... Undesirable!! O'Neills is just a pub more than … Broad Street is... Undesirable!! O'Neills is just a pub more than anything!

Music Room was always fun - thinks its after 11 it opens

vibeone

On my way. Better not be lying! Will stop off at chemist on the way....

Bank on Brindley Place for cocktails, they're not cheap though.

i would go to leeds

is mr eggs still open in brum? the giant fried egg on the ceiling is well trippy when you've had a few too many drinks :P

Original Poster

Missp - Do you mean the one in the Chinese/gay quarter opposite Reflex?! I'm pretty sure it is! Only been there once.. It wasn't pleasant!!!

the glee club is a fun night out. went there years ago and saw alan carr doing stand up before he was famous. was cheap too

baffledsalmon

Missp - Do you mean the one in the Chinese/gay quarter opposite Reflex?! … Missp - Do you mean the one in the Chinese/gay quarter opposite Reflex?! I'm pretty sure it is! Only been there once.. It wasn't pleasant!!!

i think so, i just remember being drunk and seeing the massive egg!

Banned

missp and fishgirl are both invited to my place on saturday. fishgirls friend is invited if she is roughly female looking.

Original Poster

vibeone

missp and fishgirl are both invited to my place on saturday. fishgirls … missp and fishgirl are both invited to my place on saturday. fishgirls friend is invited if she is roughly female looking.

Fishgirl's friend will be delighted at your most cordial invite!

vibeone

missp and fishgirl are both invited to my place on saturday. fishgirls … missp and fishgirl are both invited to my place on saturday. fishgirls friend is invited if she is roughly female looking.

i'm busy saturday night :P

Banned

missp27

But its a Rohypnol party!

It's the jazz festival this weekend. Cocktails and jazz are best mates!

Try the Garden House or The Lord Clifden...

vibeone

vibeone

missp27

I'LL BE THERE!!!!11eleven

Start off at Bacchus Bar, very nice pub.
    Then try Apres (summer row or broadway plaza).
    Back of the Mailbox for some nice food and drinks.
    Jam house for live entertainment.

Mod & Ed

Last time I was there I ended up in a Japanese karaoke bar, that was a laugh

Original Poster

Bacchus is nice but a bit of a trek if it's raining (plus my friend whinges that it's cold ALL the time let alone if I make her walk in the outside)!
    Apres is the same as Mechu - full of idiots
    Jam House is ok but a bit oldy worldy for her liking!
    Thanks for the suggestions though!

baffledsalmon

Bacchus is nice but a bit of a trek if it's raining (plus my friend … Bacchus is nice but a bit of a trek if it's raining (plus my friend whinges that it's cold ALL the time let alone if I make her walk in the outside)!

http://www.discoveryautos.co.uk/custom/new_london_taxi.jpg

Mailbox it is then

or All Bar One (brindley place) then onto Nuvo.

I used to go the Living room but i think this has now shut down (like a lot of Broad St has done)

go for cocktails at the island bar
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Are these two things distinctly different to you?1415
      2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764392
      3. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846242
      4. So, whose already pre-ordered a Scorpio and where from?710

See more discussions