Where to go in Spain for holiday?

13 replies
Found 21st Jul 2008
Rubbish at deciding on a destination city/location. Need some help on picking location, interested in buildings, sites and any interesting sites. Will be taking a 3 year old and a 10month old along + WF.
Cheers in advance.

13 Comments

Granada is fantastic. The Alhambra is stunning and the Jewish quarter is very pretty. It is quite steep, though, if you're going to be using a pushchair much.

Banned

Andalucia or catalonia (Tarragona / barcelona etc).

Original Poster

mrsevans101;2572204

Granada is fantastic. The Alhambra is stunning and the Jewish quarter is … Granada is fantastic. The Alhambra is stunning and the Jewish quarter is very pretty. It is quite steep, though, if you're going to be using a pushchair much.

Actually I heard about granada yesterday. option 1

if you haven't been, Barcelona is definitely the place to go.
otherwise, Granada is ok although apart from the Alhambra there isn't much to see (though you can visit nearby cities like Malaga, or Jaen, not very expensive to go there by bus)
Sevilla, Madrid, Toledo, lots of interesting cities in spain...

Banned

Forget Grenada, yes it is interesting but your 3 yr old will get bored!
Barcelona is brilliant, something for all ages to do 24 hours round the clock, lots & lots of interesting sites & buildings even within the city of Barcelona and transport links (underground & Buses) are brilliant within Barca and cheap too, Not to mention Barca has a beach too and the night life although starts at 1am is awesome too. In Grenada you will struggle getting about with likkle ones. So in Barca you will discover so much more in a short space of time. ive been back twice with my mates, now i have a family and intent to take my 2 & 3 yr old.

we are looking at Barcelona, its got culture and by the sea!

check out teletext holidays website for late deals and then holidaywatchdog.com to check out reviews of the hotel.

i have got kids your age and we are going all inclusive cos i can't stand the nagging about ice creams.

Original Poster

thanks guys, votes seem to swing in favour of barca. All will be repped accordingly

does Barcelona have a sandy beach? no litter and nice for children? does anyone know?

don't know if you have got your holiday insurance yet but tesco are offering 10% of and kids go free

approx £28 for 8 days in europe or £36 for 15 days

tescofinance.com/per…sco

Banned

blackpeppa;2572375

we are looking at Barcelona, its got culture and by the sea!check out … we are looking at Barcelona, its got culture and by the sea!check out teletext holidays website for late deals and then holidaywatchdog.com to check out reviews of the hotel.i have got kids your age and we are going all inclusive cos i can't stand the nagging about ice creams.

I certainly wouldn't go All inclusive in barca. You'll be out all day as its not the place where you would stay around a pool/hotel all day. Great selection of places to eat.

blackpeppa;2572454

does Barcelona have a sandy beach? no litter and nice for children? does … does Barcelona have a sandy beach? no litter and nice for children? does anyone know?

Very sandy clean beach and lots for everyone to do. All for council tax of £60 per year! ;-)

blackpeppa;2572454

does Barcelona have a sandy beach? no litter and nice for children? does … does Barcelona have a sandy beach? no litter and nice for children? does anyone know?

yes, it does.

barcelona is fantastic! :thumbsup:
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Best 4k tv's for gaming11
    2. Christmas presents510
    3. Mobile phone advice33
    4. Anyone know of any budget laptops which charge through USB-C?55

See more discussions