Where to have my iPhone 7 plus sim unlocked please?

Found 15th Feb
Hello I have an iPhone 7 plus I purchased privately and need to get this unlocked. Its locked to ee and unfortunately the seller has left the country and I have no way of contacting them. How can I get this unlocked? Any links please, price cost etc thanks.
Community Updates
AskPhones
8 Comments
Get a pay as you go sim with EE put it into your phone then call EE from the sim. From there you could ask for the phone to be unlocked and most likely they will do it for free. If they say no you could explain the story and I’m sure that they will be able to offer you something even if it is £10.
Original Poster
Tried that and they asked me if I was original owner and couldn't lie about it am afraid. Am hoping if anyone has used ebay or websites which can unlock?
vixmony17 m ago

Tried that and they asked me if I was original owner and couldn't lie …Tried that and they asked me if I was original owner and couldn't lie about it am afraid. Am hoping if anyone has used ebay or websites which can unlock?

Some of those work some do and then when you need to reset the phone it’s doesn’t work. EE will probably let you do it they used to but will tell you you need to be with them for 6 months. Find a friend who is with EE and see if they can do it for you.
Cost 7.99 off EE website 100% real
I used Ebay, it took 3 days on the iPhone 8 and cost me a tenner. Rapidunlocks I used.
As at 22 Jan 2018: EE £8.99 "Can I unlock a second hand device? As long as the device is more than six months old and not reported lost or stolen, we can unlock the device for £8.99" ee.co.uk/hel…ork
AndyRoyd3 h, 42 m ago

As at 22 Jan 2018: EE £8.99 "Can I unlock a second hand device? …As at 22 Jan 2018: EE £8.99 "Can I unlock a second hand device? As long as the device is more than six months old and not reported lost or stolen, we can unlock the device for £8.99" http://ee.co.uk/help/help-new/getting-started-and-upgrading/unlock-your-phone/unlock-a-ee-device-to-use-with-another-network

This^
Don't use eBay sellers for unlocking iPhones, to unlock them they need access to Apples servers, if they're unauthorized then the unlocks could potentially be reversed or even worse Apple could decide to block them permanently. I suspect a lot of them just contact the networks via the online forms readily available, pay the fee and profit as they charge you more than it costs them. Or they work for one of the relevant networks or Apple in which case they'll be unauthorized and be breaching policy etc.
I used Three for free. Took a few days though.

And I’ll never buy an iPhone from non Apple shops again if the iPhone locks itself to the first Sim you use.
Edited by: "jr007" 16th Feb
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants