Groups

Where to sell fake GHD straightners

Is it possible and legal to sell fake GHD straightners.
    I have a pair which were given to me as a present and I believe them to be fake one's. I do not want to keep them and can't take them back. So was wondering is there anywhere that you can sell them as I don't think that fake one's can be sold on ebay.

14 Comments

not on here.. cant do anything like that.. sorry!

(4) It should go without saying, NO prohibited, classified or illegal items. [COLOR="Red"]This includes fake/counterfeit goods[/COLOR], copied media, ANY console cards 'TTDS', 'DSTT' or 'Pandora' batteries etc., cable TV boxes 'NTL' or 'Virgin Media' etc., money swapping' such as bank transfers of £xx paid in to others PayPal account for £xx amount, group specific discount codes such as 'student card numbers' for example, weapons of any kind, alcohol, tobacco products or illegal substances, gaming accounts such as 'Steam' which are non transferable and any similar trades will be expired and closed.

Just give them away to someone who would use them and tell them the truth.

It wouldnt be worth all the hassle selling them and all the after effects that possibly could happen.

PS To answer your question, its not 'Legal' to sell anything thats fake.

What makes you think they are fake?

It's illegal

Original Poster

I would have said in the ad for selling them that they were fake I wasn't trying to deceive anyone.
    They are the pink ones I think they are fake because I typed the number on them into google and it seemed to imply thay they wer fake ones.
    I will check out your links 'ding'.

Try registering them on the GHD website and they will tell you if they are fake,ghdhair.com

I can't believe you would even consider selling them,some of them are dangerous,they can set on fire.

deb8z;4713624

I can't believe you would even consider selling them,some of them are … I can't believe you would even consider selling them,some of them are dangerous,they can set on fire.

So can the genuine ones, I seem to recall.

Inactive;4713685

So can the genuine ones, I seem to recall.

So if they ARE fake you would condone the selling of them because you recall genuine ones can set on fire:w00t:

seeing as their fake:

- firstly its illegal to sell fakes as initially pointed out
    - secondly i doubt that the rest of us should even be discussing the best place to sell these goods

Original Poster

Thanks to everyone for their replies.
    Now that I have been told that it would be illegal to sell them if they are fake then I won't be selling them.
    Also, I had not heard anything about them catching fire so was unaware of this issue.

deb8z;4713699

So if they ARE fake you would condone the selling of them because you … So if they ARE fake you would condone the selling of them because you recall genuine ones can set on fire:w00t:

Nope, I was just suggesting the either fake or real ones may well catch fire.;-)

Yes I have heard a number of reports to say they caught on fire....flippppppppppppp

Remove the labels + logos, put them in a random box, they then become a normal cheap set of straightners.

Cheap straightners + GHD logo + box = Fake GHDs
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Do cheeky drivers annoy you when they park outside your house and leave it …1628
      2. Seems that Uber will NOT have it's London Licence Renewed by TFL - declarin…2664
      3. word survey1013
      4. Try buy that Minecraft Xbone Argos deal? 10% online code in your email!1518

See more discussions