Groups

Where to sell mattress?

Hi All,

I got one of those "memory foam" mattress's someone gave it to me as a gift, but I already got one it costs like £250 - 300 ish

And I never used it still in the box and everything so where would I sell it? If i was to put it on eBay how could I dispatch it?

thanks all!

39 Comments

Advertise it for collection only:thumbsup:

sell on here ? what size is it

Local collection only.
    When they have paid, then they collect.....

Size, make and location and make it clear, buyer collects.

Original Poster

waterloo;1759469

sell on here ? what size is it

its double.

Do you think collection works ? never done it before!!

As long as they pay for it, it doesn't matter, just select on postage local collection.
    Or just sell on here with your town and your price!

qazim;1759486

Do you think collection works ? never done it before!!

Depends where you live and what the item is. If you live in an area where theirs lots of people, then yes. If you don't then it depends on whether it's an item people would be willing to travel for. In this case I would say it was worth a shot.

You could also try advertising in your local papers, and some local shops (especially Post Offices), have boards where you can advertise stuff for a small fee.

Original Poster

thanks alot!!

How much do you think it can go for ? its about £250 - £300 in the shops....i mean this sort of stuff i have no knowledge in ! lol

qazim;1759486

its double.Do you think collection works ? never done it before!!

Yes mate i like a collection selling or buying saves a lot of trouble put it on ebay and it will fly not that your selling a magic carpet or anything its just a figure of speech :thumbsup:

qazim;1759494

thanks alot!!How much do you think it can go for ? its about £250 - £300 i … thanks alot!!How much do you think it can go for ? its about £250 - £300 in the shops....i mean this sort of stuff i have no knowledge in ! lol

Probably £120-£150....

Original Poster

meh i would be happy with £180ish

thanks all! repped all!

Is it one of the memory ones that's rolled up in the box if so then it should be easy to post.

waterloo;1759511

Is it one of the memory ones that's rolled up in the box if so then it … Is it one of the memory ones that's rolled up in the box if so then it should be easy to post.

It's a double mattress, not a double mattress topper.
    How much do you think it would cost in postage? ;-)

Original Poster

^^ yeah its one of those, i just took a few pictures and going to upload, but its a really BIG box lol!

Original Poster

and here it is :

hotukdeals.com/ite…ss/

thanks all, all repped who helped!!

warmapplepie;1759522

It's a double mattress, not a double mattress topper.How much do you … It's a double mattress, not a double mattress topper.How much do you think it would cost in postage? ;-)

£35 or thereabouts IF you can find a courier that will actually take it.

Original Poster

Shengis;1759552

£35 or thereabouts IF you can find a courier that will actually take it.

KNow anyone who will?

qazim;1759560

KNow anyone who will?

How bigs the box and approximate weight?

lol, qaz you must know- its in your house or whatever! Work out if its bigger, or smaller, than you for a start!

btw- what a random present to recieve eh!

Well as its double it'll be less than 1.5m long for a start, but I need the width.. And it probably says the weight on the box due to H&S regs if it's over 25KG.

Original Poster

billyX;1759585

lol, qaz you must know- its in your house or whatever! Work out if its … lol, qaz you must know- its in your house or whatever! Work out if its bigger, or smaller, than you for a start!btw- what a random present to recieve eh!

lol yeah - my brother brought it for me when i told him i needed a new one, but I brought one like a week before, and then he brought me one, he thinks im using it lol!

Shengis;1759591

Well as its double it'll be less than 1.5m long for a start, but I need … Well as its double it'll be less than 1.5m long for a start, but I need the width.. And it probably says the weight on the box due to H&S regs if it's over 25KG.

I can get more deatils 2mmrow thanks! Just everyone sleeping now in the house and dont want to take them up!

Shengis;1759591

Well as its double it'll be less than 1.5m long for a start, but I need … Well as its double it'll be less than 1.5m long for a start, but I need the width.. And it probably says the weight on the box due to H&S regs if it's over 25KG.

Don't you mean less than 1.5m wide?
    If it was long, there would be some Lillyputans around :w00t:

Original Poster

meh im going to check now!!

Original Poster

Lenth - 1.5 meters
    Wide and thickness is 40CM

warmapplepie;1759596

Don't you mean less than 1.5m wide?If it was long, there would be some … Don't you mean less than 1.5m wide?If it was long, there would be some Lillyputans around :w00t:

Well they weren't going to roll it lengthways to put it in a box were they, so the flat width is the packed length

qazim;1759603

Lenth - 1.5 metersWide and thickness is 40CM

interparcel.com/quote/

Theres a start, up to 40KG 23.99+vat with CityLink Next Day.

Edit: Just checked Parcel2Go and they won't even touch it :lol:

Original Poster

^^ thats for that repped

I dont know the weight so ummm i prefer collection if no one collects i will advertise with P&P for £30

Some parcel companies are funny cos of the funny shape but I remember TNT do funny shapes.

Original Poster

lol - I just hope somone collects it i really want to get rid of it!!

thanks AGAIN for all your help.....

qazim just to let you know this mattress is not the best around mate so the asking price on your sale is a bit ott at first looks it looks like its the famous brand sleepeezze but no its a sleepeazzy lol. These are not very good plus 8in of foam is not good for a foam mattress with no pocket springs just to put you right on here and not to spoil your for sale post.

Original Poster

its 20 CM? thats not good :S?

well spotted waterloo.
    These are in TJ Hughes so check out the price tomorrow

Maybe but i thought 10 to 10 1/2 in was the min for a good memory foam mattress without added support of springs i may be wrong but was just pointing this out on here instead of the sale post also sleepeassy are trying to sound like the famous brand sleepeezze beds & mattress and i cannot find a sleepeassy online expect a foam topper that's only £34 so maybe £200 is a bit much ?

Original Poster

hrmmmm.................maybe £200 is abit much but obviouslly people will offer lower.....I am prepared to go lower......just seeing what people offer first!

qazim;1759672

hrmmmm.................maybe £200 is abit much but obviouslly people will … hrmmmm.................maybe £200 is abit much but obviouslly people will offer lower.....I am prepared to go lower......just seeing what people offer first!

Good luck but i think ebay is your best bet but looking on ebay they have 1000s of memory foam matts on there so ? I remember when i was looking for one of these 2-3 yrs ago they was costing a lot but now it looks like the price is coming down a bit. :thumbsup:

I think Q that you should try the member that I PM'd you with.

Original Poster

yeah i pmed him lets see what he says

thanks alot people!

waterloo;1759644

it looks like its the famous brand sleepeezze but no its a sleepeazzy lol.

OMG, just checked around here- turns out I have a Hamstrung TV, there's Cheggar Cheese in the fridge, and even my divx player looks suss- it says xvid!!!

billyX;1760431

OMG, just checked around here- turns out I have a Hamstrung TV, there's … OMG, just checked around here- turns out I have a Hamstrung TV, there's Cheggar Cheese in the fridge, and even my divx player looks suss- it says xvid!!!

Sorry to hear that but they now have help for people with Dyslexia.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Cheapest way to obtain Microsoft Office?22
      2. What is the true cost of 4K HDR home cinema entertainment in 2017?710
      3. recent price to fit a standard sized garage door55
      4. Iphone 7 - What Case?618

See more discussions