Where to sell N64 collection?

Found 16th Sep 2017
Best place to sell N64 collection?

Other than eBay (due to fees) or gumtree where the low balling is out of control:)

Thanks
Community Updates
  1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
13 Comments
Shpock, no fees and really easy to list items, google.co.uk/sea…F-8

32007979-bxHlR.jpg
Edited by: "SOUTHWALES" 17th Sep 2017
ebay will more or less guarantee you a much better selling price due to the number of potential buyers and this would negate the extra fees/postage etc. Look out for the £1 weekends etc to keep the selling fees down further.
Original Poster
Thanks guys.
So I've listed it on eBay:)

What do you guys think of pricing?

ebay.co.uk/i/2…772
Personally think that's far too much given that you have no boxes for games.

I always put items on bids, it sells for what is worth and tends to get the best price.

Make sure you take photos of the serial number in case they switch the console and say it doesn't work.
I really don't see that selling at that price.
nrackham762 h, 7 m ago

Thanks guys.So I've listed it on eBay:)What do you guys think of …Thanks guys.So I've listed it on eBay:)What do you guys think of pricing?https://www.ebay.co.uk/i/292256810772

£500 for that? Hah.

I think we've just discovered why you seem to think there's a problem with low-ballers.
Original Poster
dxx54 m ago

£500 for that? Hah. I think we've just discovered why you seem to think …£500 for that? Hah. I think we've just discovered why you seem to think there's a problem with low-ballers.

Thanks for replying even though you have not been very useful.
Instead of being ironic try assisting me with what you think it should be sold for?
Original Poster
ostinato1 h, 27 m ago

I really don't see that selling at that price.

Thanks for the input,
Can you please let me know rough idea of what it's worth?
Original Poster
Just having a Nintendo clear out, what do you guys think of my other two items? Priced right?
nrackham762 h, 30 m ago

Just having a Nintendo clear out, what do you guys think of my other two …Just having a Nintendo clear out, what do you guys think of my other two items? Priced right?

unless you're in a rush to sell, just keep lowering your prices until someone buys

it's worth adding the "offers" option if selling on ebay
Original Poster
dataload1 h, 2 m ago

unless you're in a rush to sell, just keep lowering your prices until …unless you're in a rush to sell, just keep lowering your prices until someone buysit's worth adding the "offers" option if selling on ebay

Thanks for the input,
I've not sold before on there so not sure how to add offers. I will look into it now:)
Thanks again(highfive)
I think you've overpriced it on a £500 BIN. The £300 starting bid would put me off too especially from someone with only 10 feedback. I appreciate we've all got to start somewhere with eBay, but for such a high value item I'd be looking to buy from someone with a lot more feedback.

Also, your photos are all upside down or sideways. My general thoughts around eBay listings are if they can't even be bothered to get the photos or the listing free of spelling mistakes then how well do they look after their things. I may well be wrong and you've carried your N64 around on a coveted cushion made of unicorn hair, but in 14 years of using eBay it's served me pretty well with purchases. The pictures are especially a turn off as it's so easy to edit them with the photo uploader that it just shows a lack of effort.

If it sounds a bit brutal, it wasn't meant to be. Ebay is a huge marketplace and there's almost always someone else selling it who'll have better pictures etc. You may well get it sold and that's great, but I'd be more inclined to see what the games go for individually on eBay and go down that route of listing them. There's more chance that people would buy from a low feedback seller as well if the price is a lot lower.

Good luck

Edit:- If you sell it, make sure it goes well wrapped, you only deliver to the address that's on the PayPal account and for god's sake send it via a trackable delivery method that includes a signature. Also, as someone else says, make sure you make a note of the serial number in case of a "problem" and consider investing in a UV pen to mark the game cartridges before you send them. It means you can tell if you get a different game cart sent back if there's a problem.

Also, cash on collection only if you go down that route - don't take PayPal and let someone collect as they can claim they never received the goods and obviously you have no proof of postage
Edited by: "Cakeboy79" 17th Sep 2017
Original Poster
Cakeboy7917th Sep

I think you've overpriced it on a £500 BIN. The £300 starting bid would p …I think you've overpriced it on a £500 BIN. The £300 starting bid would put me off too especially from someone with only 10 feedback. I appreciate we've all got to start somewhere with eBay, but for such a high value item I'd be looking to buy from someone with a lot more feedback.Also, your photos are all upside down or sideways. My general thoughts around eBay listings are if they can't even be bothered to get the photos or the listing free of spelling mistakes then how well do they look after their things. I may well be wrong and you've carried your N64 around on a coveted cushion made of unicorn hair, but in 14 years of using eBay it's served me pretty well with purchases. The pictures are especially a turn off as it's so easy to edit them with the photo uploader that it just shows a lack of effort.If it sounds a bit brutal, it wasn't meant to be. Ebay is a huge marketplace and there's almost always someone else selling it who'll have better pictures etc. You may well get it sold and that's great, but I'd be more inclined to see what the games go for individually on eBay and go down that route of listing them. There's more chance that people would buy from a low feedback seller as well if the price is a lot lower.Good luckEdit:- If you sell it, make sure it goes well wrapped, you only deliver to the address that's on the PayPal account and for god's sake send it via a trackable delivery method that includes a signature. Also, as someone else says, make sure you make a note of the serial number in case of a "problem" and consider investing in a UV pen to mark the game cartridges before you send them. It means you can tell if you get a different game cart sent back if there's a problem.Also, cash on collection only if you go down that route - don't take PayPal and let someone collect as they can claim they never received the goods and obviously you have no proof of postage

Hi Cakeboy,
Firstly, thank you for taking your time to write an in depth and lengthy post.
Based on what you have stated I have decided to remove the listing. I will re-list and follow the steps you have pointed out.
I am new to selling on eBay so understand I have made a few too many mistakes:)
I'll send you over the link of the new listing so you can see if it's decent.
Thanks again for your time, much appreciated.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants