Where to sell second hand computing / hi fi gear?

Posted 29th Oct
Hi all

I don't want to sell on ebay and I am not all that enamoured with my Gumtree selling experiences so far. I have some things I need to sell over the next few months, including computer memory DDR3 and DDR4, probably a Ryzen CPU, a motherboard, about 4 working hi fi amplifiers, perhaps a projector or television, about 3 DACs.

I am wondering these days other than Gumtree (though I will list them here anyway) and Ebay what are my options? I don't want to use Facebook as I was scammed there once and there is a lot of crap on there. I have tried Shpock once and it was pretty good so I guess that's one.

Where do people look these days for new boxed or second hand tested stuff? Prices will take into account I can deliver most items in London perhaps same day (convenience).
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

10 Comments
You could just try CEX or similar, no hassle with returns, scams, or moaning customers after a part refund etc. Prices won't be as high as selling privately but possibly worth just checking how much they pay and it's a lot easier than all that messing around that goes with the private selling
Avforums is where I sell all my av gear when I upgrade.
Try Facebook marketplace, gumtree, ebay
Cex is the best option.
you will find a similar experience if you use Facebook, schpock etc as it’s full of the same chancers and time wasters
AV forum classified
Where's abouts you located OP
I am in London.
The items are not the kind of thing that CEX would take in general, in the case of the memory and CPU they would take them but I really don't like their markup I'd rather sell privately and give someone a bargain.
I appreciate the advice on AVForums I've been on there a bit recently so that's a good idea.
Are there any popular new services outside Shpock? Other apps perhaps?

Thanks for the help all.
This seems to be quite a common way to go about selling things since HUKD withdrew the Buy/Sell section. Make a thread listing your products and terms and wait for the PMs to roll in...
Edited by: "Ferris" 29th Oct
Yeah. Doubt there’s anything for me but still would be interested in just what bits they are
Rich45s30/10/2019 02:15

Yeah. Doubt there’s anything for me but still would be interested in just w …Yeah. Doubt there’s anything for me but still would be interested in just what bits they are

It's not allowed - HUKD removed a post asking if it was. Discussion does not allow buying nor selling so I'm not going to be advertising anything here unfortunately. Sorry!
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants