Where to start with laptops for my 2 kids

Posted 24th Nov
I'd originally been thinking of Chromebooks as I have had one for a while and find it great. I (sort of) knew what I was looking for in Chromebooks and loved the idea of a touchscreen flip one to give a tablet form as well as a laptop.

In discussions with the wife however, they have both talked to her about games you can't get on a Chromebook (Sims 4 / Minecraft full version).

So I'm back to square one.

I can up the budget a bit, to around 300 quid each, but am I right that that'll knock out the idea of a touchscreen?

I've been trawling hukd deals, but am going a bit goggle eyed at it all. Any stand out deals so far in the black Friday build up?

ta!
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

3 Comments
Look for dell refurbs on Black Friday you should get a decent spec i5 that’ll be fine for light gaming - I got an i5 for under £200 last Xmas there so should be similar deals. That wasn’t a touchscreen though.
Can you not just get one for £600 ad a joint present? We did but our 2 were 8/12 so don’t use it that much but with having a decent budget they’ve got a basic gaming laptop .
toonsquirel24/11/2019 21:22

Can you not just get one for £600 ad a joint present? We did but our 2 …Can you not just get one for £600 ad a joint present? We did but our 2 were 8/12 so don’t use it that much but with having a decent budget they’ve got a basic gaming laptop .

This is an interesting idea. The age split is a little closer 9/12 and I'd worry about the older one needing it for homework etc. But definitely something to consider...
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants