Groups

where to stay in Newcastle

Can anybody tell me of a decent hotel in Newcastle near Wallsend that my family could try in the february half term. Must be clean and not too noisy and serve a decent breakfast. If it has a safe car park that would be great.

13 Comments

Hilton Hotel - newcastle/gateshead..

not near wallsend but nice

]Travelodge silverlink, stones throw from Wallsend, Hadrian Lodge Hotel is OK too and right next to Hadrian Rd Metro station

st james park, its almost totally vacant

myaser88;4054498

st james park, its almost totally vacant

LOL :-D

Original Poster

Love the St James Park remark!! Is there any where interesting to take a 9 year old (apart from St James Park) that wont cost me a fortune!?

Banned

Malmaison.

starsparkle2311;4064831

The Life centre, big science, education centre look] here

Also the discovery museum, which is free.

whens half term...?

EDIT: W/C 16 FEB how long/when are you thinking of going

starsparkle2311;4065056

yeh i was going to mention that, but it's a bit boring there … yeh i was going to mention that, but it's a bit boring there sometimes:thumbsup:The Life centre is a little more entertaining, just a shame it's not free too:)

there are BOGFOS with kids iirc somewhere I'll have a scout and let you know. Please PM me to remind me if I haven't got back to you on this.

starsparkle2311;4065093

oooh ok:thumbsup: Half-term starts 13th Feb, i think:?

please confirm dates, and how many people are going, adults and kids :thumbsup:

EDIT: that ^^^ was for Lorrdp

Original Poster

Disco;4066041

please confirm dates, and how many people are going, adults and kids … please confirm dates, and how many people are going, adults and kids :thumbsup:EDIT: that ^^^ was for Lorrdp

thanks for any help you can give me we have very eldery aunt to visit but wanted to find something interesting for our lad to "bribe" him with!! The life centre sounds like his sort of thing. Half term in ipswich where we are from is 16th Feb. there will be 2 adults 1 child and a concession! not sure how to pm but will investigate! Only staying for 3 or 4 days.

lorrdp;4070438

thanks for any help you can give me we have very eldery aunt to visit but … thanks for any help you can give me we have very eldery aunt to visit but wanted to find something interesting for our lad to "bribe" him with!! The life centre sounds like his sort of thing. Half term in ipswich where we are from is 16th Feb. there will be 2 adults 1 child and a concession! not sure how to pm but will investigate! Only staying for 3 or 4 days.

so are we talkining, say Monday to Wed/Thurs, or does it not matter when, as long as its within that week (Feb 16-20)?

2 Adults
    1 Child

So re: Rooms., 2 adults 1 child, would see you needing a family is that correct. How much in total (3 nights, are you looking to spend on BnB?) TBH, it should be no more than £100, if that.

Depending on when you wanna start you visit (ie: Sunday - Tues, Mon - Wed etc)... can i recommend a Wed is included as travel on the Metro System (your main travel whilst you're here), is slighty cheaper on a Wednesday.

Are you travelling up to N.East via train/coach or are you driving. :thumbsup:

EDIT: To "PM" another poster, click on their username, and then SEND Private Message to ... "

]Village Hotel, ]Travelodge at Silverlink, ]Premier Inn Royal Quays are probably the nearest to Wallsend. You'll find the odd B&B in the area, worth checking at ]tripadvisor for reviews though Loads of hotels & B&B's further in the centre of Newcastle, express holiday inn, hilton, premier inn, jurys inn & a couple of travelodges.
    There is the ]Segedunum museum in Wallsend.
    I'd also keep an eye on ]NewcastleGateshead as the date gets nearer, they will update with what is going on at different venues in half term.

]Where to stay guide 08/09
    ]Whats on Jan-Mar
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Who's getting the Xbox X Scorpio? 60 day satisfaction1213
      2. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …90154
      3. Are these two things distinctly different to you?30115
      4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764501

See more discussions