Groups

Where to visit Egypt

I am interested in going to Egypt for a week. I'd like to see the pyramids and cruise down the Nile when I am there.

Which area of Egypt is best to stay for this?

Looking at temperature at mid to high 20C, so when would be best time to go?

14 Comments

Go to sharm el shiek and pay for the excursions with reputable companies

As for that kind of temp end of October to February would be best

I agree
    go to Share el Sheik and organise a trip to Cairo.
    that way you get the best of both worlds

Taba is closer but thetes nothing but hotels there. We did the pyramids and also Jerusalem from thete. It takes hours and hours to get there but its worth it! Actually they may have a fly to cairo excursion from Sharm thats not much more than the bus trip so check that out before deciding where to go.

Have a look on trip advisor for Tuuts Shabby Shiek. Take your own towels.

Winter for those temps, i was there a few Christmases ago and it was never below 25. Also as above, go to somewhere like sharm and book an excursion. It's about a glasgow to london distance away, 1 hour on the plane but it's not expensive

Original Poster

mjccam

Winter for those temps, i was there a few Christmases ago and it was … Winter for those temps, i was there a few Christmases ago and it was never below 25. Also as above, go to somewhere like sharm and book an excursion. It's about a glasgow to london distance away, 1 hour on the plane but it's not expensive

i don't like the idea of internal flights. is it really that far away? i assume there are no trains?

mutley1

i don't like the idea of internal flights. is it really that far away? … i don't like the idea of internal flights. is it really that far away? i assume there are no trains?

you could always catch a camel

No trains that way.

Plane
    Bus
    Car

i would say stay in cairo and book a trip locally down the nile.. that is what i did

Link below gives an idea of what's available and cost. Theses get excellent reviews on TripAdvisor. Tour operators can also arrange the trips but cost a bit more.

sharmexcursions.com

Sharm El Sheikh.

I done a Nile cruise doing all the temples whilst going down, then taking in additional tours to Abu simbel with armed guards but was well worth it, i was more tired when i got back than before i went it was that busy

Hurghada is another resort and u dont need to fly to the pyramids from here it would be bus
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. I am hoping to sound you good people out about an idea...12
      2. Recommend a free reminder app119
      3. parquet floor sanded10
      4. Canceling virgin media contract46

See more discussions