Groups

where would best deal be: direct from network provider or phone shop?

right...
    im currently on the 12th month of my contract but willing to upgrade.

if i want to haggle my existing contract provider who is better to call for a better deal: directly to the (current) network provider or to the phone agent ?

any help would be appreciated

thanks

11 Comments

mmm most offer 18 or 24 months now...

i think in general o2 offer the best coverage but t-mobile offer better deals.....
    i would usually go direct but others may say different

Original Poster

thx for comment... rep added
    i dont mind the provider really. cheapest is my aim lol

If you're just wanting to swap contracts altogether, Phones4u will buy you out of your contract, give you cash, and sign you up for a new one.
    But it can't hurt to ring up your service provider and see what they'll offer you.

Original Poster

as i said i dont mind provider
    come to think of again actually i also want a good phone lol

from MSE site it suggests to call provider directly... guess i have to call both

rep added

When you call your network you'll get through to upgrades. What ever they offer you say no and ask for your pac code, that'll get you to retentions (who have the real offers). They may call you back, depends on the network .
    They'll offer you, as a rule, some good 'stuff' to keep you. What ever they offer just keep saying, 'Is that really the best you can do?' and see what you get.

Good luck...

Original Poster

thank you, thats a very helpful advice ....

my strategy is to call the provider first and see whats they have to offer
    after that i'll call CPW and see their offer for the same handset i wanted ...

Banned

I've always found that you can walk around the 3rd parties, have PS3s, ipods, laptops thrown at you, but when you look into the details, you are almost always better going straight to the network's site - picking a good deal that suits you, and buying your freebies yourself with the money you save.

Who's your current provider? O2 were good for upgrades for a while, not sure if that's still the case.

You are best to go direct to the provider, ask them what they'll offer you for an upgrade. Chances are it won't be that brilliant, you're best just saying no thanks and ask to cancel your contract. They'll put you through to disconnections (actually called retentions) where you'll most likley get a much imporved offer.

It's also good sometimes to have an idea of what you want, and what you can get it for from other providers. That way, if they don't match what you want you can throw that information back at them and see if they'll at least match it...

Original Poster

vibeone;5190325

I've always found that you can walk around the 3rd parties, have PS3s, … I've always found that you can walk around the 3rd parties, have PS3s, ipods, laptops thrown at you, but when you look into the details, you are almost always better going straight to the network's site - picking a good deal that suits you, and buying your freebies yourself with the money you save.

thanks

just the info i needed... i know i need to haggle for a better deal but dunno who will give better offer

Original Poster

civms47;5190451

Who's your current provider? O2 were good for upgrades for a while, not … Who's your current provider? O2 were good for upgrades for a while, not sure if that's still the case.You are best to go direct to the provider, ask them what they'll offer you for an upgrade. Chances are it won't be that brilliant, you're best just saying no thanks and ask to cancel your contract. They'll put you through to disconnections (actually called retentions) where you'll most likley get a much imporved offer.It's also good sometimes to have an idea of what you want, and what you can get it for from other providers. That way, if they don't match what you want you can throw that information back at them and see if they'll at least match it...

its orange..
    i actually have a handset in mind and the best online deal for that if i get a brand new contract. so yes i do have some "target" price in mind

ill prob contact orange first

thanks rep added for all :thumbsup:

Banned

ask for retentions
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. The HUKD Student Discount code sharing thread (most codes on Unidays are si…7201355
      2. U.S. bombers fly off North Korea's coast in show of force1828
      3. word association Game74044546
      4. Microsoft approve Hyperkin's remake of the OG Xbox controller88

See more discussions