where're these places in the UK/Ireland?

Found 19th May 2009
see first three replies....

1. Misc
  2. Ireland
45 Comments

Original Poster

http://i451.photobucket.com/albums/qq233/nyumput/GB-wp3.jpg

Original Poster

http://i451.photobucket.com/albums/qq233/nyumput/GB-wp4.jpg

Original Poster

http://i451.photobucket.com/albums/qq233/nyumput/GB-wp5.jpg

no idea but i do like the second one - it's really nice!

nuabdi;5257189

Giants causeway Ireland

Banned

On most people's computer screens who use Windows 7.

Original Poster

my guess:
1. scottish higland
2. no idea
3. no idea

i'd really like to visit no 3

first one looks like the lake district
second is the giant causway
third - no idea but its well cool

LisaJT;5257210

Giants causeway Ireland

Yeah Giants Causeway is correct. Although whether Ireland is part of the United Kingdom is an entirely different question altogether :lol:

Original Poster

vibeone;5257227

On most people's computer screens who use Windows 7.

yup... some of them really nice, makes me want to visit them hence the thread

Original Poster

modoc;5257244

Yeah Giants Causeway is correct. Although whether Ireland is part of the … Yeah Giants Causeway is correct. Although whether Ireland is part of the United Kingdom is an entirely different question altogether :lol:

oh sorry... no offense intended to irish people... win 7 include them in UK theme... i'll edit the title

Original Poster

thanks 4 all answers... rep added

wait for no 3 (so far no answer!)

nuabdi;5257245

yup... some of them really nice, makes me want to visit them hence the … yup... some of them really nice, makes me want to visit them hence the thread

Giants Causeway is a great spot to go and there are loads of other sites/attractions that you can visit in that area. Just make sure that you check the weather before you go. If you go there at the wrong time of year it can be very cold. :-D

Do you actually know? I googled the 2nd one. its in wales.

Tal-y-llyn Lake

Original Poster

Titchimp;5257291

Do you actually know? I googled the 2nd one. its in wales.Tal-y-llyn Lake

no... this is an honest question...

btw how do you google a pic?

Come on guys - "Giants Causway" is in Northern Ireland (Capital - Belfast) which is part of the U.K. Ireland is a country on its own (Capital - Dublin)

The third one is Dunnottar Castle nr Abberdeen

dunechtestates.co.uk/

Titchimp;5257291

Do you actually know? I googled the 2nd one. its in wales.Tal-y-llyn Lake

The second one is definitely the Giants Causeway. Are you sure you didn't get the pics mixed up? :-D

nuabdi;5257308

no... this is an honest question...btw how do you google a pic?

Not sure bout that but if you go to google images and then search for lakes you might see the one you are looking for

LisaJT;5257320

Not sure bout that but if you go to google images and then search for … Not sure bout that but if you go to google images and then search for lakes you might see the one you are looking for

Just googled "Tal-y-llyn Lake" for images and it definitely looks similar to the first pic.

its only me;5257311

Come on guys - "Giants Causway" is in Northern Ireland (Capital - … Come on guys - "Giants Causway" is in Northern Ireland (Capital - Belfast) which is part of the U.K. Ireland is a country on its own (Capital - Dublin)

There's a girl I know from Port Stanley in the Maldivas who insists she lives in Argentina ... :whistling:

modoc;5257318

The second one is definitely the Giants Causeway. Are you sure you didn't … The second one is definitely the Giants Causeway. Are you sure you didn't get the pics mixed up? :-D

Yeah i got confused :P
I am talking about the 1st one.

To google it i googled the name of the image GB-wp3.jpg and found the original on FlickR

Original Poster

its only me;5257311

Come on guys - "Giants Causway" is in Northern Ireland (Capital - … Come on guys - "Giants Causway" is in Northern Ireland (Capital - Belfast) which is part of the U.K. Ireland is a country on its own (Capital - Dublin)

better safe than sorry :thumbsup:

LisaJT;5257315

The third one is Dunnottar Castle nr … The third one is Dunnottar Castle nr Abberdeenhttp://www.dunechtestates.co.uk/

Thanks... cant rep you twice though :-D

LisaJT;5257320

Not sure bout that but if you go to google images and then search for … Not sure bout that but if you go to google images and then search for lakes you might see the one you are looking for

OK in that case its normal search then. didnt do that cos i wasnt sure its a lake or sea and it'll just give millions of results!

i thought research on using picture directly as search input has paid up! lol

Liddle ol' me;5257354

There's a girl I know from Port Stanley in the Maldivas who insists she … There's a girl I know from Port Stanley in the Maldivas who insists she lives in Argentina ... :whistling:

:lol:

nuabdi;5257367

Thanks... cant rep you twice though :-D

No worries

Original Poster

Titchimp;5257357

Yeah i got confused :PI am talking about the 1st one. To google it i … Yeah i got confused :PI am talking about the 1st one. To google it i googled the name of the image GB-wp3.jpg and found the original on FlickR

i usually do... im just too lazy at the mo

modoc;5257376

Thought you might like that!

Liddle ol' me;5257398

Thought you might like that!

Never heard it explained like that before so if you don't mind I may actually use that in the future.
:-D

modoc;5257423

Never heard it explained like that before so if you don't mind I may … Never heard it explained like that before so if you don't mind I may actually use that in the future. :-D

Be my guest. It's all my original work, but hardly worth copyrighting :lol:

EDIT: But on second thoughts, I'd use 'swears' instead of 'insists' - got more of a 'down the chip shop' feel to it

Banned

its Giants Causeway UK not Ireland, whoever said that

Banned

LisaJT;5257210

Giants causeway Ireland

god ur stupid

modoc;5257244

Yeah Giants Causeway is correct. Although whether Ireland is part of the … Yeah Giants Causeway is correct. Although whether Ireland is part of the United Kingdom is an entirely different question altogether :lol:

Johnrulez;5257469

its Giants Causeway UK not Ireland, whoever said that

Can't say I didn't warn you :lol:

Johnrulez;5257485

god ur stupid

Isn't that blasphemous? :shock:

Liddle ol' me;5257513

On that note I'm outta here. **Grabs crash helmet and makes way to the exit before it all kicks off**

Banned

Liddle ol' me;5257513

lol

Original Poster

modoc;5257278

Giants Causeway is a great spot to go and there are loads of other … Giants Causeway is a great spot to go and there are loads of other sites/attractions that you can visit in that area. Just make sure that you check the weather before you go. If you go there at the wrong time of year it can be very cold. :-D

thanks, will do :thumbsup:

Johnrulez;5257485

god ur stupid

easy now...:thumbsup:

Liddle ol' me;5257513

lol

Banned

and giants causeway never looks that pretty in real life

Original Poster

Johnrulez;5257596

thank
thats good news for my wallet lol

Johnrulez;5257596

because it's in ireland

kthksbai
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. miikeyblue and shabbird's (but mostly shabbird's) Tuesday night pub quiz!564106
    2. Add one, leave one game54315403
    3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769262
    4. 5 Letter Scrabble Game52322842

See more discussions