Where's a good place in London to fix a phone that's bricked?

Banned
So I was fiddling with my Android with files I shouldn't and now it won't do anything but I'm hoping a technician can repair it. I just don't know which phone store to visit as there's so many of them (sent Carphone Warehouse an email for an estimate but nothing so far)

If the fix would cost £20ish it'd be fine.

Thanks.

14 Comments

can you get it into 'repair/download' mode? if you cant, nobody can help as you need to get the phone to accept a new operating system image

Original Poster Banned

adamspencer95

can you get it into 'repair/download' mode? if you cant, nobody can help … can you get it into 'repair/download' mode? if you cant, nobody can help as you need to get the phone to accept a new operating system image

Nope. It won't even power on.

What about connecting directly to the board of the phone wouldn't that revive it?

Original Poster Banned

adamspencer95

can you get it into 'repair/download' mode? if you cant, nobody can help … can you get it into 'repair/download' mode? if you cant, nobody can help as you need to get the phone to accept a new operating system image

There's a seller on eBay that says they can fix dead phones. Willing to give them a chance as I have eBay/Paypal protection.

I would try detailing why you have done in greater detail on an Android forum and see if they can help

Original Poster Banned

MIDURIX

I would try detailing why you have done in greater detail on an Android … I would try detailing why you have done in greater detail on an Android forum and see if they can help

Tried that too. Not much like there either as only one user replied and then never again.

Spasho

Tried that too. Not much like there either as only one user replied and … Tried that too. Not much like there either as only one user replied and then never again.

But you think that a random phone shop will be able to fix it for £20? I would 100% try to fix it yourself.

Original Poster Banned

MIDURIX

But you think that a random phone shop will be able to fix it for £20? I … But you think that a random phone shop will be able to fix it for £20? I would 100% try to fix it yourself.

She said that at least 90% of dead phones are revived so perhaps they can get it to work again. I'd rather do it myself but I have no idea how, other than it has something to do with connecting to the board and going from there.

So what Android phone is it?

Original Poster Banned

paddymcn

So what Android phone is it?

HTC Desire 516.

Banned

Not worth the effort or the potential cost. Best to put it down to the cost of experience and not faff with things you don't understand.

Htc have their own website they can usually fix them

can you get into fast boot with per and volume down? even fully charged it doesn't boot?

Spasho

Tried that too. Not much like there either as only one user replied and … Tried that too. Not much like there either as only one user replied and then never again.

did you give them proper detail or just what you have said in this thread?

Try XDA Developers, if they can't help then no-one can
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Just got Kodi now what?1125
    2. Which Smart Watch for Running?11
    3. Iptv33
    4. Boiler Question22

See more discussions