Groups

Where's good to sell a private number plate for a motorbike?

OH has an excellent plate on his Suzuki GSX600 but don't know where's good to try and sell it apart from eBay and there extortionate fees!

And is there such a place to get the plate valued?

Thanks all

25 Comments

Original Poster

Ahh, found some websites that do a valuation - just advertising I think I need now!

Advertise in your local paper! :thumbsup:

i'll give you £5

Original Poster

pikachu12;2431873

i'll give you £5

X200 and you have a deal :thumbsup:

BID WITHDRAWN

Mrs.Z;2431894

X200 and you have a deal :thumbsup:

i only got £5.56 in my paypal

Original Poster

pikachu12;2431911

i only got £5.56 in my paypal

:thinking:

wots the plate ?

We advertised a car one via regtransfers and a couple of others and never had any interest, we ended up using ebay.

Original Poster

Is it safe to tell you all what the plate is?

OH was a bit worried aout advertising it but I said it's just the same as seeing it in the street

Banned

yeah it's safe

Yeah its safe

I dont see why it is only for a bike unless its specific to the bike say GSX 600S, I thought plates where for any vehicle registered with the DVLA?

Original Poster

The plate can, of course, be used on any vehicle but wouldn't be much good for a car.

Plate number is S6 GXR

S= Suzuki 6=600 GXR= Gixer

Had one valuation come straight back to me with £890, waiting for one other.
    The £890 one - would they be likely to give me a high or low value?

Dunno where to put it to get most attention?

Mrs.Z;2432196

The plate can, of course, be used on any vehicle but wouldn't be much … The plate can, of course, be used on any vehicle but wouldn't be much good for a car.Plate number is S6 GXRS= Suzuki 6=600 GXR= GixerHad one valuation come straight back to me with £890, waiting for one other.The £890 one - would they be likely to give me a high or low value?Dunno where to put it to get most attention?

Auto trader might be a good place to try, is the quote you have had from a firm that sells plates or acts as a rep for you? If its the type of firm that buys them from you then obviously the quote will be lower to give them room for a profit margin, working on that basis you should add maybe 20% to that.

Mrs.Z;2432196

Had one valuation come straight back to me with £890, waiting for one … Had one valuation come straight back to me with £890, waiting for one other.The £890 one - would they be likely to give me a high or low value?Dunno where to put it to get most attention?

Well it stands to reason that if they are offering you £890 for it, then they must be reasonably sure that they can sell it on at a (good) profit, they ain't charities. So go figure.

What about Autotrader?

Harltzer- are you spying on me? LOL!

Original Poster

This was part of the email they sent me:

We decided on this method of valuation in order to provide you a FREE, … We decided on this method of valuation in order to provide you a FREE, INSTANT service.- To CHANGE the price (up or down), ACCEPT or REMOVE the valuation during the next 30 days, please visit our valuation section at [url]www.nationalnumbers.co.uk/retrieve-valuation.htm[/url] or our main web site, [url]www.nationalnumbers.co.uk[/url] and choose 'retrieve valuation' from the left hand side navigation bar.- We don't charge to advertise your plate. We add a mark-up on top of your price. All we ask, should you decide to promote your registration through us, is that should you sell or withdraw the registration from sale - for any reason - that you let us know so we can stop advertising it.

Original Poster

LOL! They have already added the plate to their ]sales list - LOOK!

Mrs.Z;2432258

LOL! They have already added the plate to their ]sales list - LOOK!

Nice mark up: £325! on the base price thats 35.4%!!!!

PRICE INFORMATION
    Base Price : £1215.00
    VAT : £38.50
    DOT :
    £105.00
    Total Price :
    £1358.50

Banned

what the ***** £80,000 if i wanted my name on a plate!!

i just got offered a valuation of £3750

wow. dont think i will ever get it thou

selling on the site now for £4437.50
    hahhahaah its a joke
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. The obvious next step become Ken then become Barbie1215
      2. What's the most impressive 4k / UHD film you have seen at home?712
      3. Try buy that Minecraft Xbone Argos deal? 10% online code in your email!77
      4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767220

See more discussions