Groups

Where's it gone?

This morning I received deal alert as follows:

Corsair 2 x 1GB PC5400 Dual Channel DDR2 - £34.02 Including VAT
    hotukdeals.com/tag/dea…el/ [U hotukdeals.com/tag/dea…el/

It looked a good deal, and I posted a query about the supplier of the RAM. Now, I can't find the original posting or my query. Where's it all gone?

15 Comments

Deal has been removed as there were possible self-promotion issues to do with the merchant, and ebay issues as well.

The whole thing looked really fishy - lots of new members rating the company highly (think they were moderators on the affiliated forum). Website was named 'awd-it.co.uk' but address 'awd-it.com', and item was on site and ebay at same time.

Well I am glad that somebody agreed with me

Original Poster

Ah, thanks for that. I thought the deal looked good, but I had not heard of the shop. I'm always suspicious of a very good deal from a shop I haven't heard of.

GDB2222

Ah, thanks for that. I thought the deal looked good, but I had not heard … Ah, thanks for that. I thought the deal looked good, but I had not heard of the shop. I'm always suspicious of a very good deal from a shop I haven't heard of.

As are we. Remember, if you ever have doubts about any post, please use the report abuse button, and it will be checked. http://www.hotukdeals.com/forums/images/custom_buttons/report.gif

Banned

How do you receive deal alerts? Is it like a daily email? :oops:

Ah, thanks for that. I thought the deal looked good, but I had not heard … Ah, thanks for that. I thought the deal looked good, but I had not heard of the shop. I'm always suspicious of a very good deal from a shop I haven't heard of.

In any case the price went up right away as apparently there were stock supply problems according to the several posters that were friends with the company owner.

Read into that what you want....

Hi sassie If you're logged in you can set custom deal alerts by clicking the Deal Alerts link at the top of all pages.

I would recommend RSS over email as it's more flexible and you don't have to worry about deleting emails from your inbox all the time.

Its from the RSS feed of HUKD.

Banned

Admin

Hi sassie If you're logged in you can set custom deal alerts by … Hi sassie If you're logged in you can set custom deal alerts by clicking the Deal Alerts link at the top of all pages.I would recommend RSS over email as it's more flexible and you don't have to worry about deleting emails from your inbox all the time.

sorry to sound blonde, but im going to anyhow :oops: If its not done by mailing you then how is it done?

There has been another post from awd-it for a radeon 1950, think self-promotion is going on here...

sassie

sorry to sound blonde, but im going to anyhow :oops: If its not done by … sorry to sound blonde, but im going to anyhow :oops: If its not done by mailing you then how is it done?

You download an RSS reader... which shows all the deals as and when they happen. See ][COLOR=Blue]this thread[/COLOR] for some help

jah128

There has been another post from awd-it for a radeon 1950, think … There has been another post from awd-it for a radeon 1950, think self-promotion is going on here...

Don't you worry about that...

emmajk42

Don't you worry about that...

eek, sorry! :oops:

don't mean to cause trouble, but I do worry about it - its nice to know who is and who isn't reliable, particularly if you are contemplating ordering from them, and I wouldn't wan't to be discrediting a company unfairly...

jah128

eek, sorry! :oops: don't mean to cause trouble, but I do worry about it - … eek, sorry! :oops: don't mean to cause trouble, but I do worry about it - its nice to know who is and who isn't reliable, particularly if you are contemplating ordering from them, and I wouldn't wan't to be discrediting a company unfairly...

We don't allow self-promotion on the forums, full stop. So the posts have been removed while this is checked...

Ah, sorry, see what you mean. Would be interesting to know the outcome, although I appreciate its no doubt a very tricky area for legal reasons etc.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Win a Free minion usb stick44
      2. Tv choice magazine Issue 391212
      3. Win a safari adventure & claim a free Chicago Town pizza coupon22
      4. Win a luxury five-star break for two in Paris with Le Bristol Paris and Eur…56

See more discussions