Groups

Where's My Battery - Dippy Blonde Moment

BMW M3 convertible 1999 car wont start and need to jump it as have to go out in an hour, cant believe im saying this but i cant find the battery, seriously :-(

19 Comments

The can't find the battery and you want to jump start it. Scary. Call the AA.

Open the bonnet and right next to the windscreen there will be rectangular plastic bit and if you slide it to the right it should uncover the battery! :thumbsup: Should have like two handles on it, where you hold it from!

Original Poster

Foxy102;6114365

The can't find the battery and you want to jump start it. Scary. Call the … The can't find the battery and you want to jump start it. Scary. Call the AA.

Haven't got any cover was hoping someone here may be able to tell me :-(

?arnt the BMW batteries in the boot

[COLOR=black]NOT IN HERE![/COLOR]

http://www.strikeengine.com/technical_information/bmw-m3-engine-csl.jpg

http://photos.e46fanatics.com/data/500/picture11.jpg

it is in the boot

Original Poster

Naeem786;6114375

Open the bonnet and right next to the windscreen there will be … Open the bonnet and right next to the windscreen there will be rectangular plastic bit and if you slide it to the right it should uncover the battery! :thumbsup: Should have like two handles on it, where you hold it from!

no :-(

Original Poster

Sheep87;6114389

it is in the boot

Ok thankyou, will go and look now (god thought I was going mad) repped :thumbsup:

From google

I own a '99 M3 - The battery is located in the trunk, on the right side under the black plastic cover found on the side panel.

snowflake;6114391

no :-(

Alright the boot then, lift the carpet and there you go! :thumbsup:

snowflake;6114398

Ok thankyou, will go and look now (god thought I was going mad) repped … Ok thankyou, will go and look now (god thought I was going mad) repped :thumbsup:

strange place to put it!

Serioulsy though, it is alays best to find out these basic maintenance things in case you are stuck. And I would deffo get AA cover. £50 cashback at Topcashback I believe:thumbsup:

Sheep87;6114403

strange place to put it!

Not nowadays. A lot of cars have them in the boot as a weight distribution thing, but also a safety thing as well.

kyalion;6114433

Not nowadays. A lot of cars have them in the boot as a weight … Not nowadays. A lot of cars have them in the boot as a weight distribution thing, but also a safety thing as well.

cool. thought it was only BMWs:p

Original Poster

Jumped started and left it running now, thanks all. Dont have AA as i swap with my friend and we take out alternate years, didnt want to have to go down that road when i knew it was something simple, thankfully i didnt and i wasn't going mad.

Thanks all x

So ot such a stoopid question after all then?!! :roll: :-D

On BMW's with the battery in the boot or under the rear seat there is a small square + terminal under the bonnet with a black plastic cover and a red + . You can use this should you need to jump start it in future and earth the - to somewhere suitable:)

Being a BMW you won't be able to find the indicators either ... :whistling:

Original Poster

hannah19790;6114600

So ot such a stoopid question after all then?!! :roll: :-D

No, I guess not :oops: I'm not usually 'typical blonde'
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …246805
      2. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846312
      3. Best advert ever to be seen.1414
      4. Your dream gaming set up?2554

See more discussions