Groups

wheres my sky gone

just turned over for simpsons...........and its saying its not in my package..............it always has been and all my sky channels are saying same thing is this just a blip?? and is anyone elses doing the same

20 Comments

Original Poster

hold on looks like it was a blip! i was panickin there tho

Err, if you're on Virgin Media, they're taking off all the sky channels indefinitely tomorrow.

No problem with mine, but the remote does seem to keep pressing 0 on its own! Strange...

couldnt get my programme menu up tonight...on Sky sky, rather than virgin media

Original Poster

is all the sky channels def def def going 2morro nite?

ohno my kids will be mortified not getting simpsons .

[SIZE=2][COLOR=royalblue]Sky to be interviewed on Radio 4 in about 15 minutes, answering charges of racketeering, should be fun:giggle: [/COLOR][/SIZE]

kelly_o_fanatic

No problem with mine, but the remote does seem to keep pressing 0 on its … No problem with mine, but the remote does seem to keep pressing 0 on its own! Strange...

Really.
    That's what my NTL Box has been doing for about three days now.:x

[COLOR=royalblue]Just pulled the plug out for 1 minute and then rebooted it and all is now working again, BBC1 included.[/COLOR]

yummymummy1987

is all the sky channels def def def going 2morro nite?

I think they're still in talks. I would hate virgin to back down to them now though. I think we we all lose the channels at midnight tonight.

digitalspy.co.uk/cab…ws/

"Sky says it will sell its channels direct to Virgin Media customers if negotiations with the cable company fail before tonight's deadline." :roll::roll:

Remotes doing strange things is usually due to the batteries....replace them and it should be ok:)
    I apologise if it sounds like teaching grandma to suck eggs,but with me it is ALWAYS the case.(the batteries,that is,not the sucking of eggs!)

Why did I bother starting this post?:oops:

Original Poster

do we actually have confirmation that sky channels are going to be disappering from midnite? i cant see it on ntl site

muckypup

Remotes doing strange things is usually due to the batteries....replace … Remotes doing strange things is usually due to the batteries....replace them and it should be ok:) I apologise if it sounds like teaching grandma to suck eggs,but with me it is ALWAYS the case.(the batteries,that is,not the sucking of eggs!)Why did I bother starting this post?:oops:

Lol, tried that but didnt help. Never mind, swopped them with the ones from downstairs :thumbsup: they'll never know! :giggle:

sharon_uk

"Sky says it will sell its channels direct to Virgin Media customers if … "Sky says it will sell its channels direct to Virgin Media customers if negotiations with the cable company fail before tonight's deadline." :roll::roll:

They did, but virgin wouldnt allow them too...

yummymummy1987

do we actually have confirmation that sky channels are going to be … do we actually have confirmation that sky channels are going to be disappering from midnite? i cant see it on ntl site

No because they are trying desperate last minute negotiations

Sooooo.......Sky want to sell me their channels if the dispute fails,how much I wonder would they be charging me?

News should be a free service imo,sky2 and 3 I don't get anyway with cable(I think this is the case,if it isn't I missed it because it must have crap programmes!) so sky 1 is the only channel of some worth,not to me particularly,I don't tend to watch it,but many do,I understand.

Apparently it should only be an extra £13 per for customers to have these channels,I don't see Sky offering a £1 subscription for them,it won't happen.

Maybe they will overcharge us cable customers so as to offset better deals to satellite customers.......now that i do see as a possibility!

well sky one has gone and lol funny they renamed sky sports news and sky news to Old Sky Sports Snooze and Sky Snooze

Sky are really making themselves look good with this - anyone seen the adverts in the newspaper? They are saying they tried really hard to come to an agreement with virgin and they just didnt co-operate. But they would be happy to have you as a customer and will be putting all your favourite shows on a catchup weekend so you wont have missed them

Fails to mention that they were asking for ridiculous amounts of £ from virgin...funny how they kept that quiet!

anyone seen the adverts on myspace from Sky lol

"DONT, LOSE, LOST" "Virgin Media have "DROPPED" Sky one, join us at blah blah"

kelly_o_fanatic

Sky are really making themselves look good with this - anyone seen the … Sky are really making themselves look good with this - anyone seen the adverts in the newspaper? They are saying they tried really hard to come to an agreement with virgin and they just didnt co-operate. But they would be happy to have you as a customer and will be putting all your favourite shows on a catchup weekend so you wont have missed themFails to mention that they were asking for ridiculous amounts of £ from virgin...funny how they kept that quiet!

Neither sides ads have been particular fair, or from what can be seen from outside, truthful. VM claim Sky doubled their price, Sky say they didn't etc etc etc.

At the end of the day both sides have been petty and immature (anyone see VM's 'rebranding' of Sky news just after midnight?). Neither side has acted in the best interest of the consumer. Unfortunately I live in a flat and cannot have a Sky dish so I am stuck. With the supposed withdrawal of Sky from Freeview in August I no longer have access to my favourite shows. :x

An addition to the above. Earlier today on the VM 'Fair Play' page there was a link to read what other customers thought about what was going on. It was moderated, but moving fairly quickly until about 10am. Then it stopped updating. Now the link has gone although the e-mail address to send your comments to is still up.

Mmmm... wonder if VM are not to happy at some of the comments they have received today. :thinking:
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Which Kodi Add-ons?1010
      2. Dashcam question511
      3. Just an thought regarding Paypal22
      4. Best Custom ROM for XIaomi Redmi Note 234

See more discussions