EXPIRED

Where's the best place to buy RAM? need 8gb.... 2x4gb

Banned
Hey folks...

I have windows 7 Ultimate (thanks to £11.50 deal) and have the performance gadget running which shows my 4gb of 1066 ram is maxed out at about 98% all the time, granted I am running photoshop, RIP software, spotify, bitcomet, IE8, Windows Mail, Explorer, Skype, etc etc all at the same time...

So want to get either 6gb or 8gb... My mobo only has two lots and will only go to 1066mhz...

Is there any deals out there? only want to spend about £80-£100

Thanks

8 Comments

What motherboard do you have?

You may find that the Superfetch service is caching all your available memory in order to use it when available mate.

If your pc is running well I would ignore it.

My pc is showing no available ram but 2.5GB is being cached and therefore is available for applications.

Original Poster Banned

I ahe this asus barebones system with quad core inside

lambda-tek.com/com…762

Original Poster Banned

morrk;6874140

You may find that the Superfetch service is caching all your available … You may find that the Superfetch service is caching all your available memory in order to use it when available mate.If your pc is running well I would ignore it.My pc is showing no available ram but 2.5GB is being cached and therefore is available for applications.

It is running well yeah but when it gets to 98% and i open another program there's sometimes a 1 sec delay and then every couple of days it'llfreeze for 10-20 seconds, only happens when I have loads of programs open and the ram is maxed out...figured I may aswell just upgrade it?

Original Poster Banned

Also when I look at Task Manager it shows that Bitcomet, photoshop and my printing RIP software are using about 3gb of ram between them.

Original Poster Banned

There's more info on the board specs at the ebay listing I bought it from 320424543511

That's wrong mate there's no way that your ram should be maxed out no where near it i should check whats running on your machine. You have a program that's raping your system 4gb of ddr2 8500 should be more than enough to run any of that most of the programs you are running shouldn't be eating up your memory they will however eat your Internet speed.

As for where to buy 2x4gb sticks of ram and saying you have £80 to £100 you will be dreaming 4gb sticks of memory are very expensive 2x2gb sticks of 1066 will cost the best part of £80 for decent stuff as memory has become more expensive of late and ddr2 is more than ddr3 as everyone's moving over.

You should check task manager to see whats running in processes and look for apps that are using excessive processor time. Does your motherboard have only 2 dimm slots and what CPU are you using? not being funny mate but it seems to me you have no idea windows 7 ultimate sitting there doing nothing should only be using around 800mb of the 4gb available to it if your using the 64bit version.Reboot your machine and start one program at a time with task manager open and keep an eye on which one is the culprit then either stop using it or change the settings,it maybe that you have some sort or virus and by the programs you are running its likely.

hmm-creme-eggs;6874170

Also when I look at Task Manager it shows that Bitcomet, photoshop and my … Also when I look at Task Manager it shows that Bitcomet, photoshop and my printing RIP software are using about 3gb of ram between them.

As i suspected bitcomet remove bitcomet and use utorrent as you have much more control over the settings and photoshop do you have a dedicated graphics card or are you using onboard because that will use your system memory and will use as much as it can so change settings in the bios for the onboard graphics and allow it less.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Iptv810
    2. Parcel2go - missing parcel to italy33
    3. Random messages from a Mod called CUZZY33
    4. Where has the Freebies section gone ?23

See more discussions