Where's the best place to go for a Stag Do?

32 replies
Found 11th Jan
My mate recently made the decision to propose to his girlfriend - which unfortunately means he needs to get married in September! On the bright side we do get to have a Stag Do in June.

We're all in our early 30s and have started to get a little bit boring - our Magaluf days are behind us but we are still keen on drinking too much, dancing and ridiculing each other all night and relaxing during the day.

Any suggestions?

1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
32 Comments

Belfast!

Saga do some good deals!

Riga, Prague, Berlin, Kraków, Hamburg, all great for beers and women and bit of sightseeing

Prague might be a nice balance for cheap alcohol but nice things to do and see as well. I've only been with my wife so can't comment in that regard. An alternative could be Croatia, possibly an island or maybe the capital. Again I've been with my wife, but it seems it might be a compromise for a stag do, without complete craziness.

Budapest also lovely in summer months and dirt cheap, bit of sightseeing bad thermal spa, eat Michelin meal for £40 5 course + wine

Las Vegas

the pub

krakow is amazing. some great beer cellars. cheap beer and food and hostels.

People actually go to places other than Benidorm on stag do's? Learn something new everyday!

Original Poster

He doesn't seem keen on the Eastern European cities.

How about your typical cheap and cheerful beach places? Any hidden gems we should be looking at?

BRIDLINGTON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tenerife, 1 euro a pint!

Original Poster

mousey

Tenerife, 1 euro a pint!

It's probably been over 10 years since I last went. Is it still that cheap?

Is Las Americas still where all the nightlife is?

I would strongly recommend eastern europe. It is so undervalued. I have done Prague on a stag do; beer is ridiculously cheap, and a reasonable water park if you fancy it. Krakow is amazing as mentioned. If you want a beach resort, my best suggestion would be Greece, but be prepared for many children and expensive flights if you're going in June

aronandjim

It's probably been over 10 years since I last went. Is it still that … It's probably been over 10 years since I last went. Is it still that cheap?Is Las Americas still where all the nightlife is?

YES, believe me it is still 1 euro a pint, certainly up to 8pm in most bars then 1.50 euro!

June?? What happened to having the stag do 2 weeks before the wedding? August Bank Holiday at least!!

Amsterdam, the red light area has to be seen to be believed!

Eastern Europe. Been to Prague and Budapest, both great and cheap cities. They are well used to stag parties, both in terms of entertainment, transport, ladies of the night ( so I'm told)and getting fake arrested and so on. A bit formulaic, but there you go. You may want to consider some of the less well known European cities if you want to do something more original and less *organized.

blast71

Amsterdam, the red light area has to be seen to be believed!

​Gone down hill. First saw it 20 years ago.

mousey

YES, believe me it is still 1 euro a pint, certainly up to 8pm in most … YES, believe me it is still 1 euro a pint, certainly up to 8pm in most bars then 1.50 euro!

​Agree on Prague. Great city.

Thailand - went on a stag last summer - unforgettable experience. Also turned 31 whilst out there

I'll throw in New York but have to agree with Eastern Europe.

Come to good old Bournemouth, the stag and hen capital of the South

Prague! Great fun! You'll:D but probably get asked if you want to buy some potato powder every five steps.oO

Edited by: "mrman007" 12th Jan

Portugal is not bad - Albufiera, everyone speaks English, pretty much a little England with sunshine and cheap beer.

tallinn

Amsterdam! 11 of us went there last year for a stag do and was brilliant. Plenty of things to see and do, plus you obviously have the red light district.

We went to Great Yarmouth last year on one. We chartered a fishing boat for half a day during the and had a day at sea fishing and drinking. We then headed out to the dog track and had a meal with table service drinks and bets. We then headed back to town and had a session in the towns bars and clubs. We had an overnight stay in the town. We then had a few the following day and had a game of crazy golf. It was different than the usual stag antics but we all had a laugh and it didn't end up burning a massive hole in everyone's pockets.

Done Amsterdam, Prague, Benidorm...all the favourites

of all of them Hamburg was by far the best though.

Cleethorpes.

After that, married life will seem like Paradise.

Benidorm a gang of us usually around 10 - 12 with an age range of 30 to 56 go every year around june for a bit less than 200 quid we get flights and 3 days 2 nights all inclusive with our own private transfer to and from the airport, 2 hour flight 1 hour transfer and your sat around the pool hammering the vodka until its time to hit the bars around 10 pm

Newcastle On Tyne is you want the UK.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. #KoemanIn, Thank You Koeman for trying to get Everton relegated!68
    2. I thought the 'Dementia tax' had gone for good,apparently not.1023
    3. Linkin Park and Friends Celebrate Life in Honor of Chester Bennington strea…22
    4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769580

See more discussions