Groups
    EXPIRED

Where's the best place to sell a new xbox console?

I have a brand new boxed xbox 360 arcade (console with a controller) and would like to sell it. I'm not sure which websites are the best since eBay takes a big chunk, as well as paypal, and I'm not sure I can post it on here yet as my post count is still low.

Are there any gaming websites that you'd recommend to sell it on? I have seen it being sold for £130 on eBay but what price would be reasonable? I'm not a gamer so I am a little baffled.

15 Comments

Original Poster

bump.

freeads

Original Poster

Thank you, will look at the website.

You'll never get £130 for an old Arcade model...........not near i'm afraid. It's been replaced with the slim now. Around £80 i'd say.

Original Poster

Thank you for the advice.

Syzable

You'll never get £130 for an old Arcade model...........not near i'm … You'll never get £130 for an old Arcade model...........not near i'm afraid. It's been replaced with the slim now. Around £80 i'd say.

He would if its Jtag'able which is probably why the ones on Ebay are going for a lot.

ryouga

He would if its Jtag'able which is probably why the ones on Ebay are … He would if its Jtag'able which is probably why the ones on Ebay are going for a lot.

I considered that but unlikely as it's new and boxed..........surely no-one would sit on one for over 2 years. lol

As long as you follow the guidelines there isn't anything to stop selling on here. You may have to agree to post first before getting payment so you may only want to sell it to someone to a long time member with very good trading rep.

You can't list the item though for 7 days after this thread has been locked (to prevent people advertising their for sale items in Misc)
    Edited by: "gari189" 28th Sep 2010

Original Poster

Do I have enough posts to put it in the for sale section now? And to confirm, someone will lock this topic and then I should wait a week? I am going to put it on that free ad website for now. Just finding

Don't know - as I don't use FT/FS - perhaps some of the FT/FS regulars can help?

Original Poster

It is a 2006 model (I think). Does it give a clearer idea of how much I can make?

anhf

It is a 2006 model (I think). Does it give a clearer idea of how much I … It is a 2006 model (I think). Does it give a clearer idea of how much I can make?

You'll get more for a 2006 model.

How did you get a new 2006 model??

Original Poster

It's a family member's (selling it on behalf of them). He got one in the post recently and is not into games so changed minds and decided to sell it.

anhf

Do I have enough posts to put it in the for sale section now? And to … Do I have enough posts to put it in the for sale section now? And to confirm, someone will lock this topic and then I should wait a week? I am going to put it on that free ad website for now. Just finding

yeah but as gari said you'll have to wait a full week from the moment this thread is locked by a mod.

When you get this thread locked up stick it for sale somewhere else gumtree/freeads and while its on there have a look at the fs/ft trade boards on here and familiarise yourself with them especially the rules.

when the week has passed and if it still hasn't been sold take it down from wherever you had it on sale (as you can't list anywhere else if listed here) and stick it on here.

Original Poster

Thank you.
    Edited by: "anhf" 2nd Oct 2010
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764389
      2. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846241
      3. So, whose already pre-ordered a Scorpio and where from?78
      4. HUKD Satellite Information & IPTV Thread48210861

See more discussions