Whey Protein... which one for a starter/ novice?

Found 29th Aug 2017
Hi,
I've had a couple of taster packs of Whey Protein but looking at the prices they are a little out of my price range. I seem to be seeing some benefits of using it but keen to find something that is recommended by others.

Any advice? Suggestions?
Community Updates
Ask
10 Comments
@Tron83 - You will get a lot of negative comments regarding this but try it, if it works - it works. I have used MyProtein before and find it usesfull. I also mix with milk and currently using Chocolate Brownie which is honestly lovely.

It is really easy to use and great for adding to overnight oats ect.
MyProtein. Instead of using milk I use water + instant oats (breakfast, counts as a meal). Then just use whey + water for post workout shake and at night time (optional). I think only newbies use whey + milk.
Edited by: "RiverDragon8" 29th Aug 2017
It's a big con. Just buy a pile of eggs.
It's ok stuff but remember it's concentrated baby formula.
chimp14uk29th Aug

It's a big con. Just buy a pile of eggs.

This, but if you can't get enough protein from eating actual food then buy some
Edited by: "d4t1983" 31st Aug 2017
MyProtein is the best place to get your protein from, all the guys on my floor at work that go to the gym use it.
Otherwise buy some good quality chicken from Musclefoods, but make sure you ask for my refer code so we both benefit
Chicken and tbh even black beans and other varieties to reduce the cost so you can eat less chicken but still get lots of protein. The shakes are just convenient it's much better if you can get real sources of protein.

but honestly look up some beans for their protein content it's high though less of the amino acids needed than meat, it makes a good balance for cost
If MyProtein is out of your price range it's probably best you stick with food only.
Edited by: "rev6" 30th Aug 2017
if using a protein shake why would you not take it with milk? unless lactose intolerant? milk has protein too!

my viewpoint is that you should up your protein by clean foods and drop processed foods, it really does work and is cheaper and healthier....
scms10 h, 2 m ago

if using a protein shake why would you not take it with milk? unless …if using a protein shake why would you not take it with milk? unless lactose intolerant? milk has protein too!my viewpoint is that you should up your protein by clean foods and drop processed foods, it really does work and is cheaper and healthier....

Because water is cheaper and you don't have to go to the shops every day to get some more.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions