Groups
    EXPIRED

Which 125cc scooter would you buy Honda PCX 125 or Yamaha NMax or other and why?

Middle aged man buying new 125cc scooter to be used maybe 2 or 3 times a week hopefully a bit more.
    Have seen many reviews on youtube etc and talked to several in the business
    1 said Sinnis is OK, 1 said stick to Japanese models/stay away from Chinese models. Local dealership very poor reviews and bad customer service to me

So I'm looking for any positive comments/advice
    Yes £2.7k for new is a bit of a stretch and wouldn't leave much room for "top quality" safety clothing/gear but I'm not going to be riding it daily and I'm not going to be hurtling down motorways at plus 70mph

any advice or ideas or pointers/deals would be greatly appreciated

9 Comments

i've heard loads of good reviews about yamaha cygnus, but honestly if i was you I'd be buying a motorcycle instead of a scooter.

Original Poster

tince666

i've heard loads of good reviews about yamaha cygnus, but honestly if i … i've heard loads of good reviews about yamaha cygnus, but honestly if i was you I'd be buying a motorcycle instead of a scooter.

You are not me roflmao and I'd prefer for specific reasons a scooter (not having a dig but if I wanted a bike rather than scooter I would have specified said models)

Edited by: "philphil61" 2nd Sep 2016

Original Poster

Yamaha NMax details
    Details
    Premium quality entry-level city scooter
    Powerful 125cc SOHC 4-valve liquid-cooled engine
    Variable valve actuation for strong acceleration
    Excellent fuel efficiency: 45.7km/litre WMTC mode
    Compact and sporty handling chassis
    Excellent stability and easy agility
    ABS as standard with 230mm front and rear discs
    Spacious interior with plenty of legroom
    Generous underseat helmet storage space
    Sporty aerodynamic bodywork
    13-inch wheels with 130-section rear tyre
    LED lights and LCD instruments

Yamaha Cygnus X details
    Compact, lightweight scooter ideal for commuting
    Fuel-injected 4-stroke 125cc air-cooled engine
    Agile handling and easy steering
    12inch wheels and short wheelbase
    High-performance 216 mm front disc brake
    Comfortable, contoured dual seat
    Roomy storage with underseat locker and glovebox
    Stylish and functional instruments
    High visibility headlights and taillights

?

Or how about buying an old Honda CG125? Spend a grand on one and it will still be worth £800 in 3 years time.

Original Poster

Wadda

Or how about buying an old Honda CG125? Spend a grand on one and it will … Or how about buying an old Honda CG125? Spend a grand on one and it will still be worth £800 in 3 years time.

I assume you missed the scooter bit?
    http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w269/teflons-torque/000_A_Misc/H_CG125_Remaza_M.jpg
    ^^Honda CG125^^

I know its not a scooter but I would have one of them over a scooter any day of the week. They last for ever, parts are dirt cheap and they are very cheap to run!

Scooters are lethal, out of nine people that I know who have had one six have come off them, myself included twice. Out of all the people who I know who have or had a motorbike (probably 20+) I can only remember five to come off that were not accidents (another vehicle involved) and one of them was a hedgehog. The only thing I can see that has changed and that may help is the ones you linked have ABS.

Honda PCX 125 i would choose

Original Poster

archer1204

Honda PCX 125 i would choose

As you are the only poster who read and understood the question I'll have to mark you as best answer

Sad that others failed to read and understand the basics of the question and / or provide fictitious malarkey regarding scooters are more dangerous - beggars belief

Anyway thanks for taking your time to reply.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Legal advice?45
      2. How to get laptop to boot from DVD/CD drive?48
      3. Can anyone share their Sky Go with me for £7.50 a month?34
      4. 90" curtain pole without a centre bracket!?33

See more discussions