looking to buy for my 11 year old. the 2 I'm looking at on eBay;
air 2, grade a, with warranty, £160
5th gen, grade a, no warranty, £177
??
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

5 Comments
depends on whether your 11 year old is likely to break the screen or not !

The Air 2 will have a better screen but because it is laminated to the digitiser will be expensive to repair (about the same as your are paying - £150 ish)

The 5th gen will just need a digitiser - maybe £10 from eBay

Speed wise not far apart, both will run iOS13, the Air2 will have the better screen (although I have said that already !)
tintin708/10/2019 21:34

depends on whether your 11 year old is likely to break the screen or not …depends on whether your 11 year old is likely to break the screen or not !The Air 2 will have a better screen but because it is laminated to the digitiser will be expensive to repair (about the same as your are paying - £150 ish)The 5th gen will just need a digitiser - maybe £10 from eBaySpeed wise not far apart, both will run iOS13, the Air2 will have the better screen (although I have said that already !)

Thanks for replying, I'm guessing a warranty doesn't covers screens?
Applecare + does !

Some do, the vast majority won't....

Ask the seller ?
Have you considered buying new? The regular iPad is £349 and if you prove its for someone in education then you get 5% off direct with Apple. Would last longer if performance is going to be a concern, also full warranty and option to buy AppleCare to cover accidental damage if that is a concern
Go new, get one from eglobal central.
ships from Hong Kong and take 7-14 days for delivery. When on offer you get a 2018 32gb iPad brand new with 1 year Apple warranty for £225.00.

Pay with PayPal or credit card for protection.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants