Which 42" TV?

Found 26th Dec 2017
Hi, I'm looking for a 42" TV, or up to an absolute max of 47".

I have a PS4 and an Xbox One S so thinking I may aswell get a 4K TV as they are a similar price bracket as normal HDTV's now.

The one I'm looking at is the LG 43UJ635V. Is this a good one?

Is this the best I can get for around £350? It needs to have the 'arc' HDMI connection too.
Thanks
Community Updates
AskElectronics
10 Comments
m.johnlewis.com/lg-…320

Only £30 more and faster processors for menus.

I’m using this in the bedroom for 4K and PS4.
Original Poster
jr00724 m ago

https://m.johnlewis.com/lg-43uj670v-led-hdr-4k-ultra-hd-smart-tv-43-inch-with-freeview-play-crescent-stand-grey/p3188320Only £30 more and faster processors for menus.I’m using this in the bedroom for 4K and PS4.

I don't like the silver though. Is it a big step up from the one I was looking at?
Only if you need more hdmi ports and use the smart functions a lot e.g. tv apps amazon or nowtv can run dog slow and plus you get better speakers.

If it’s solely for gaming and tight budget then I would go for the 635v and should do 60Hz too. A sound bar later would improve things too.

The grey looks naff but I hardly notice it.

If you buy from John Lewis and you change your mind, then they will let you upgrade.

I went from a Samsung 4K unused to LG 670v the next day. 2 year warranty too.
Edited by: "jr007" 26th Dec 2017
Original Poster
jr00718 m ago

Only if you need more hdmi ports and use the smart functions a lot e.g. tv …Only if you need more hdmi ports and use the smart functions a lot e.g. tv apps amazon or nowtv can run dog slow and plus you get better speakers.If it’s solely for gaming and tight budget then I would go for the 635v and should do 60Hz too. A sound bar later would improve things too.The grey looks naff but I hardly notice it.If you buy from John Lewis and you change your mind, then they will let you upgrade.I went from a Samsung 4K unused to LG 670v the next day. 2 year warranty too.

I will be using the smart apps yeah. Will they be a lot slower on the one I'm looking at?
Original Poster
jr00718 m ago

Only if you need more hdmi ports and use the smart functions a lot e.g. tv …Only if you need more hdmi ports and use the smart functions a lot e.g. tv apps amazon or nowtv can run dog slow and plus you get better speakers.If it’s solely for gaming and tight budget then I would go for the 635v and should do 60Hz too. A sound bar later would improve things too.The grey looks naff but I hardly notice it.If you buy from John Lewis and you change your mind, then they will let you upgrade.I went from a Samsung 4K unused to LG 670v the next day. 2 year warranty too.

Also, can you check if the LG has the YouTube kids app please?
It does have the app: YouTube for kids

32913673-eRfNU.jpg
Original Poster
jr0072 m ago

It does have the app: YouTube for kids [Image]

Thanks.

So you think the one I'm looking at is likely to operate slowly within the smart options?
LG’s do have a good OS but it can be laggy and that’s why my third LG I went for the faster system.

Is it worth the extra? Probably not to most, I’m not very patient.

If you pop over to JL and then play with both TVs to make your mind up.

For gaming I would choose the cheapest option and then the money saved towards a sound bar.
Original Poster
jr00718 m ago

LG’s do have a good OS but it can be laggy and that’s why my third LG I wen …LG’s do have a good OS but it can be laggy and that’s why my third LG I went for the faster system. Is it worth the extra? Probably not to most, I’m not very patient.If you pop over to JL and then play with both TVs to make your mind up.For gaming I would choose the cheapest option and then the money saved towards a sound bar.

It's going to be the main TV. So I kind of want the best I can afford really.
The only difference is that the more expensive one has smooth playback and rounds of the sharp edges for faster pictures and frames.

Go and see both. They are both very similar and little in it. Personally I would pay the £30.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions